Discuss halestead ace he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

this boiler is stressing me out replaced the pump a few wks ago as it kept tripping the breaker - unplugged the pump and the boiler worked fine untill it over heated.got a call tonight and doing the same is there anything on the board that that could trip the breaker - not been paid for the last visit yet .

look at the fan and LWP if it has one or if waters getting into the pump flowswitch microswith short of a pcb getting wet normal components to check out are
pump
fan
lwp
gas valve
pump pressure switch
motorized valve/divertor head
or water dripping on something

look at the fan and LWP if it has one or if waters getting into the pump flowswitch microswith short of a pcb getting wet normal components to check out are
pump
fan
lwp
gas valve
pump pressure switch
motorized valve/divertor head
or water dripping on something

thanks mark will check - when i unplugged the pump and put boiler on hw or htg it worked fine untill it overheated so assuming most things are ok - but as you said could be flow sw .diverter did not look brilliant but with pump unpluged it worked ok in htg and hw - will check tomorrow

Also make sure the cables to the pump are connected correctly, check the resistance on the pump, make sure none of the cables are not trapped anywhere.

Also make sure the cables to the pump are connected correctly, check the resistance on the pump, make sure none of the cables are not trapped anywhere.
resistance to pump is ok - checked and its a new pump going in a bit - was wondering if there is a relay or something on the board shorting when the pump is on.

been back today fuse box mcb had tripped - switched back on boiler worked fine in hw and htg tested for 2 hrs no fault. no traped wires no live to earth or neutral to earth .its going to be one of those where unless it trips while there there is no chance of finding it. at least its not tripping as soon as its turned on as it was before.

just had a call boiler triped electrics again - think i need gas mans axe

dont rule out a faulty trip,could be on the blink

cheers mark my thoughts told landlord to get electrics checked before we dive deeper - parts on this boiler aint cheap diverter motor £130 i darent price a fan .

cheers mark my thoughts told landlord to get electrics checked before we dive deeper - parts on this boiler aint cheap diverter motor £130 i darent price a fan .
if the motors a black one with a clip a ariston microgenus type is the same i pay £21 inc vat

chop the lead and put a plug top on it, that will keep the fault within the boiler.
sounds like a wiring fault to me?

chop the lead and put a plug top on it, that will keep the fault within the boiler.
sounds like a wiring fault to me?

hi mate you mean put boiler on fly lead and plug into a socket with 3amp plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to halestead ace he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock