Currently reading:
Had to put my foot down today

Discuss Had to put my foot down today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Seriously right finally had an invoice settled today(2months late nearly) and they tried to round the bill up to the nearest thousand..
66.65 short.. wtf! cheque presented in a christmas card hoping I wouldnt notice. The foot had to come down today.. I nearly blew my high limit stat.. ive been kept waiting ages and blackmailed. needless to say a new cheque was written out PDQ

Worked for these over a couple of years; think you've built up a bit of trust.. then they try to **** on you.
Genuinely hurt my feelings.. especially when some customers pay straight away and even give you a tip because they know yove done that little bit extra to help them.

well **** I just dont know sometimes. I know its only 66 quid but its the principle, I always pay my bills on time and on the nail.

Would the waterboard be happy if you short changed your quarterly bill to them ? Of course not so nor should you chase your money my friend.

Email them your concerns and start chasing asap

Would the waterboard be happy if you short changed your quarterly bill to them ? Of course not so nor should you chase your money my friend.

Email them your concerns and start chasing asap

No need to chase Hammers I highlighted their numeric error imidiatly, I wasent rude but was extremely short & extremely cross.

I fixed a tap for them today too and they said ''can you pop the invoice in the post?'' me: ''Could we also settle that now too''

Needless to say they are struck of my data base.

Well played.

I have a short list of people who i wont even speak to.

There is a slightly longer list of people who will have there eyes taken out and need to pay before i leave. All down to past experiences.

Then theres 4 or 5 people, who if they ever phone again, i will crap on their doorstep.

Then theres 4 or 5 people, who if they ever phone again, i will crap on their doorstep.[/QUOTE]

Prob best not to risk getting hemeroids on there behalf by pushing simon lol

Going to the supermarket tonight for dinner anyone here think I could get away with rounding the bill up?

Nah didn`t think so!

This is the reason we rarely do commercial work. I know the rates are better but that wait for the payment is a killer. The practice of supplier credit is so entrenched that they all think they can get away with it. Tescos have recently had their comeuppance and I hope this is a lesson for all. If you cannot avoid this sort of customer then at least load your invoice accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
had a call this morning from another plumber. He couldnt understand why after fitting a rad onto my first fix pipework none of the rest of the system would work!! Not my problem, being I havent been paid for my work and walked away :) Got asked by said plumber, was it a system boiler, wheres the pump, is it an airlock etc etc, I expect the lady owner is still cold tonight :):):)

ps it was all working after I left 8 weeks back.

Going to the supermarket tonight for dinner anyone here think I could get away with rounding the bill up?

Nah didn`t think so!

Shop local and negotiate. You can never get the main man in the big shops but go into your local and say a tenner for cash and he might take you on :lol:

had a call this morning from another plumber. He couldnt understand why after fitting a rad onto my first fix pipework none of the rest of the system would work!! Not my problem, being I havent been paid for my work and walked away :) Got asked by said plumber, was it a system boiler, wheres the pump, is it an airlock etc etc, I expect the lady owner is still cold tonight :):):)

ps it was all working after I left 8 weeks back.

I hope you told him to get the money up front. That would be my first thing to say.

People-I-trust.jpg

:santa3::santa3:
Shop local and negotiate. You can never get the main man in the big shops but go into your local and say a tenner for cash and he might take you on :lol:
Aye he probably would if he was only asking for £5 on a card transaction ..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Had to put my foot down today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock