Currently reading:
Go on then, rip it to pieces

Discuss Go on then, rip it to pieces in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694399.940625.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694410.835043.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694423.189505.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374694462.038665.jpg

My first boiler install so far, practically on my own. My GSR man is there bit taking a back seat and just letting me get on with it.

He's pottering round changing trv's etc and just leaving me to the boiler. Trying to do it as neat as I can.

Return will run round the top of boiler, down the side then filter on underneath.
Flow will drop straight down the back of boiler.

Let me av it then. Criticise the turd out of it!!

Hope your confidence isn't bruised for long mate. I'm sure everybody has a bad job once in a plumbing career.

I'm sure you'll tell us that story one day and chuckle

Is was on the forum wasn't it Tom, don't remember you chuckling at the time.

That said buddy, you have to dust yourself off and get back on the horse so to speak. Which I'm sure you have done !

Looks good mate. If you have enough time on the next install, try routing the pipes up through the jig, bit fiddly the first time you do it, but becomes second nature after a few goes. But doesn't really matter on this one as you needed to put the filter on underneath.

Also agree with what others said about another set of clips in the vertical drop, don't have to mess around with getting pipes level.

Takes guts to put your work on here!

Regards to mistakes

We're not robots, the best of us makes mistakes, thats the best way to learn.

Just came from TGI's Fridays and the waiter screwed up our orders, dont really care and since he made a mistake we got extra food and a double wammy of a desert for free ;)

Vertical clips would have made it easier and I do it myself. But not doing it is not a mistake! As others have said brave move putting your work up. It's a nice job and better than 99% that I see. Of course the other 1% is my own!

When people say I'm brave for putting pics on here. I don't see it that way. I take pride in my work. And I take constructive criticism very well. I know my work isn't bad. I'm not at the level of some people on here by any means but for my level of experience and time I've been in the trade I know I'm doing well.

If someone sees it and says its a bag of carp go home.......well I know to brush it off.

When someone says, hey kyle that isn't bad but it would be better if you do it this way....
Then I get a hell of a buzz off it and feel inspired. It lets me know I'm in the right trade and if I carry on I can only do better.

So thanks peeps!! I appreciate the comments!!

I wish i still had that buzz and felt that way about plumbing lol
Probably from the same stuff like installing a boiler hundreds, thousands of times it all seems the same just different places.
Keep going kyle :)

I remember when I start working with the first gas fitter he then installed a combi and I was really buzzing how nice he did all the work and it did make me wonder when he said " just another one on the wall stan " :)
Now when I have installed over 500 boilers its just another one for me too , I dont get exited of doing the installs anymore, but what I can take out of the customer with me and pay for my bills ")

Vertical clips would have made it easier and I do it myself. But not doing it is not a mistake! As others have said brave move putting your work up. It's a nice job and better than 99% that I see. Of course the other 1% is my own!
Leo what is a vertical clips ?
Do you mean putting more clips on the vertical pipe work ?

well done, all looks very good imo.

i would advise lagging the cold as a min. but apart from that all looks well. :)

Are you referring to legionella?

No, to comply with the water regs you need to stop the cold pipe becoming warm, but also when it gets boxed in with heated water pipes it will probably give off alot of condensation causing damp inside the boxing, or worse get you a call back for a leak.

Are you referring to legionella?

Out of interest Kyle, was this your job, or where you working alongside the GS plumber for the experience. The onus being on him to make sure the job was completed to a satisfactory standard as he was being paid by the customer.

Yea not my job as I'm not yet gas registered. My gas man in the same house at all times etc

Good on you buddy, real learning experience. How did you get to know the GS man, friend or ring round. Good to see him helping you get experience.

It's all about who you know in this world.
Make as many acquaintances as possible. Someone knows someone who knows someone who you need!!

I used to work with his wife when I worked in a shop. When I started to study plumbing he took me under his wing.

Although I don't directly work for him we come to agreements with eachother.

He will throw me a few quid for doing jobs with him and ill throw him a few quid when someone rings me and wants a gas job doing. Main thing is that I'm filling my portfolio with gas work and learning as much as i can and earning a couple of quid along the way is bonus

It's all about who you know in this world.
Make as many acquaintances as possible. Someone knows someone who knows someone who you need!!

I used to work with his wife when I worked in a shop. When I started to study plumbing he took me under his wing.

Although I don't directly work for him we come to agreements with eachother.

He will throw me a few quid for doing jobs with him and ill throw him a few quid when someone rings me and wants a gas job doing. Main thing is that I'm filling my portfolio with gas work and learning as much as i can and earning a couple of quid along the way is bonus

Thanks for that advice youngster, lol, I was in catering in a previous life and met more people than you've had hot dinners, as they say it isn't what you know but who you know and what you can get them to divulge then storing it for later use.

Good job! Get stickers done with your name on and stick it on the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Go on then, rip it to pieces in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock