Currently reading:
go on guess i dare you

Discuss go on guess i dare you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

so pics then witch one is mine and which one made me laugh so much i nearly weed a little

go on guess I DARE YOU , NO I DOUBLE DARE YOU NO NO I PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE YOU !

Attachments

• 000_0262[1].jpg
    000_0262[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 61
  • 000_0259[1].jpg
    000_0259[1].jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 61
Why's the flue behind a fire guard?

Neat bit of carpet cutting though!

I'd hazard a guess you'd hang your coat on the flue, at least to keep it warm anyways! lol ... was this the coal bunker job mentioned in the forum a while back? Can't remember who posted! It still looks awfully close to the door mind!!!

How did i do bod?.......:whatchutalkingabout

Why's the flue behind a fire guard?

Neat bit of carpet cutting though!

I'd hazard a guess you'd hang your coat on the flue, at least to keep it warm anyways! lol ... was this the coal bunker job mentioned in the forum a while back? Can't remember who posted! It still looks awfully close to the door mind!!!

How did i do bod?.......:whatchutalkingabout

close but no cigar

flue behind guard , because its at ground level boiler is in cellar and flue comes up through the old coal chute, yes i mentioned it when i quoted i think,

Are you sure this termination point is ok bod ? if I saw in an inspection, a red flag would go up,seems very close to the door and in a corner,did manufacturers say ok?

imho

yep , it amazed me too , checked and double checked

to be fair the door is getting blocked up later but it still passes i did have to wait a day for them to get back to me , there only point been where the cement is was a grate with holes had to be filled as classed as an air brick, i could of run twin wipe up the wall but they didnt want , as i said door been bricked up and a window put in

It'll look like one of thise vents you see in New York in winter ... *VBS*

Sometimes you got to compramise how it looks to actually "will it function safely", bod! You suplied the custard with what they were after and made sure you're installation was to standard! I'd bet it was a hard call and maybe some loss of sleep along the line eh? :35:

your not kidding diamond , like sll my jobs i probsbly over worry but i must say i like the challenge and how we can bounce ideas off each other on hear.

as much as this bit pains me , when they said caged with a suitable material i nearly walked away i was thinking welding stuff together et , iron gates the lot it was the love slave who said what about an old style fire guard (£2 off car boot) i claim the credit for training him though

so pics then witch one is mine and which one made me laugh so much i nearly weed a little

go on guess I DARE YOU , NO I DOUBLE DARE YOU NO NO I PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE YOU !

my question is :
why is flue elbow damage already+why is it not been boxed in+is there any self tapers ?
Flue could it not go high up ???
sorry for the questions ,but i was train to fail all appliances I look at not to pass them !

I think worry is a healthy emotion to carry in this game 'bod'! Too many complacent :asshole: 's have killed or maimed folk by not considdering the pro's and con's ...

I service an old floor standing boiler in Mansfield thats in the cellar, its due to be replaced soon and I have wondered how/what Iam going to do with the flue.
I think i might move the boiler.

relocate it mate if you can ,make live easy if is possible ! have fitted one in basement ! but top end off besement was over the ground so flue just went out and the plum away ,used vailant special prv the one that runs up hill condense wen in to pump ! job done in 3 days + power flush !

my question is :
why is flue elbow damage already+why is it not been boxed in+is there any self tapers ?
Flue could it not go high up ???
sorry for the questions ,but i was train to fail all appliances I look at not to pass them !

i dont have a pic of boiler but this is the prv , just dangling into a bucket , its a non condencing one

Attachments

• 000_0265[1].jpg
    000_0265[1].jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 26
Isnt this a led pipe ? Must not be a gas boiler then ! But I thought we Have to fit just band a only !So sorry I am so critical , nothing personal you k ow we are all mates here , no hard fillings !

no SGI the second one above with the prv is on a LLC i did yesterday and had a load of abuse from owner today reagrding flu not been boxed in and prv just going into a bucket. its all my fault its wrong by the way

no SGI the second one above with the prv is on a LLC i did yesterday and had a load of abuse from owner today reagrding flu not been boxed in and prv just going into a bucket. its all my fault its wrong by the way

Yes of course its your fault, one of the reasons I hate doing CP12s, I always find somthing wrong and get abuse for it.

just make sure you change that damage flue elbow ,as if it is long flue run will affect the air intake and might lead to AR
hope all have gone smooth mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to go on guess i dare you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock