Currently reading:
fire restrictor elbow plugging?

Discuss fire restrictor elbow plugging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey fellers, I have been asked by a client to remove a gas pipe that goes into their fireplace as it is in the middle and capped off it and capped and they want to put a proper fire basket in. So is it alright for me to just plug the restrictor elbow by the fire place as they don't want me wripping up carpet and floorboards to cut right back to where it joins main supply. I know I have seen lots of elbows left there but not sure if its best practice. Also what size plug do I need

1/4" plug or take off the restictor elbow and cap with 1/4" cap

Thanks eco. Is it good practice to just plug or cap it there and leave it redundant?

if the customer is happy with turnig the restrictor off and screwing i plug in then that what i would do.

Thanks eco. Is it good practice to just plug or cap it there and leave it redundant?
If customer has no plans to ever re-fit gas fire it would be better to trace back to tee in gas gas supply and cut and cap if possible.
Otherwise plug elbow test for tightness.

long dead legs on gas pipes are never good, from a commercial view point all that air stuck in there when purging can be a serious problem

always best to cut and cap it as far back as possible, not always practical however

Yea dhr is not going to use it gor gas again but doesn't want me taking up carpet and boards so like you say, plug and tightness test. Cheers fellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fire restrictor elbow plugging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back