Currently reading:
Dust sheets (please read)

Discuss Dust sheets (please read) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Morning all

i know a few of us like the British gas style dust sheets, you know the heavy duty waterproof ones. I have made contact with a rep for the company that makes them and so far he has been ace.

After er a recent thread it was suggested that perhaps an alliance/plumbers collective was formed similar to how the merchants operate in regards to buying.

these sheets unfortunately aren't the cheapest but as a former BG minion I can vouch for there quality and durability I still haven't had a sheet last as long as there's did.....

so my question is, is anyone else interested in these sheets and hopefully we can get something done on the price. I have asked about different colours as it can co inside with your brand, personally my choice is black or grey.

i know a few people are keen on raising there image and looking that little bit smarter then the rest. And my opinion is that this is one way to look that bit smarter and perhaps gain more referrals.

And before you all jump over this saying it's just dust sheets what's the point... Too much money for a throw away item etc

think from a customers point of view, heavy dust dust sheets in a colour that matches your company image sprawled out across the customers house showing you care about their property and how your interpreted as a tradesmen in someone's home. Also a few pictures of said sheets layer out in the work area posted on your website.

They can print you logo but minimum order for that would be 400 dust sheets and well.... That's just impractical, so I will take mine to the local printers and get my logo printed on for £3 an item

if your interested please let it be known quick so I can raise the concept with the rep

cheers all

Cheers for putting the time in Ray, I'll give it a swerve.
At those prices I'll be wearing them down the pub haha

Ray to the rescue.

Pricier than I imagined, but not au fait with the quality of what we are talking about. If we are talking top gear then I would still be in. Still would work out cheaper than replacing or cleaning carpets.

My personal bundle preference would be 1 @ 3.0 x 3.0 , 2 @ 1.8 x 1.6 and 2 @ 0.8 x 6.0. In the stock blue would do and I could look at getting it locally branded.

ray would it be cheaper if we just stick to one color no branding

If I get a sample of sheets by next week, I shall post to who ever wants some, I'm only posting two samples so it will be a post to next gibbon affair?

post the samples to members who have or has used bg sheets. then they will know how they compare.

Just to put this in to perspective a little, I ordered a 1.8 x 1.6 dust sheet last week from BG on my laptop. It was the only thing I ordered last week.

I get a report of BG every Monday that says what I spent last week. My spend was £4:02. As the dust sheet was the only thing I ordered, it means that BG pay 4 quid for one of those dust sheets with their logo on.

I know they probably order them in their tens of thousands but £15 quid is a rip off compared to what they can actually sell them for.

ray would it be cheaper if we just stick to one color no branding

I don't think it would make it much cheaper Steve. Simpler, but not appreciably cheaper, as I think I have found the price floor. However, I will have another bash tomorrow.

Just to put this in to perspective a little, I ordered a 1.8 x 1.6 dust sheet last week from BG on my laptop. It was the only thing I ordered last week.

I get a report of BG every Monday that says what I spent last week. My spend was £4:02. As the dust sheet was the only thing I ordered, it means that BG pay 4 quid for one of those dust sheets with their logo on.

I know they probably order them in their tens of thousands but £15 quid is a rip off compared to what they can actually sell them for.
can you win me some and a new blue toolbox LOL

can you win me some and a new blue toolbox LOL

Those blue tool boxes are the business. I've got four of them :)

they do a good dust sheet that has a shiny/sticky side. It for laminate floors when you're doing fires. Its so the dust sheet doesn't move all over the place while you're working. Its great :)

Those blue tool boxes are the business. I've got four of them :)

they do a good dust sheet that has a shiny/sticky side. It for laminate floors when you're doing fires. Its so the dust sheet doesn't move all over the place while you're working. Its great :)
my blue toolbox has seen better days there 50 squid new

Morning all

i know a few of us like the British gas style dust sheets, you know the heavy duty waterproof ones. I have made contact with a rep for the company that makes them and so far he has been ace.

After er a recent thread it was suggested that perhaps an alliance/plumbers collective was formed similar to how the merchants operate in regards to buying.

these sheets unfortunately aren't the cheapest but as a former BG minion I can vouch for there quality and durability I still haven't had a sheet last as long as there's did.....

so my question is, is anyone else interested in these sheets and hopefully we can get something done on the price. I have asked about different colours as it can co inside with your brand, personally my choice is black or grey.

i know a few people are keen on raising there image and looking that little bit smarter then the rest. And my opinion is that this is one way to look that bit smarter and perhaps gain more referrals.

And before you all jump over this saying it's just dust sheets what's the point... Too much money for a throw away item etc

think from a customers point of view, heavy dust dust sheets in a colour that matches your company image sprawled out across the customers house showing you care about their property and how your interpreted as a tradesmen in someone's home. Also a few pictures of said sheets layer out in the work area posted on your website.

They can print you logo but minimum order for that would be 400 dust sheets and well.... That's just impractical, so I will take mine to the local printers and get my logo printed on for £3 an item

if your interested please let it be known quick so I can raise the concept with the rep

cheers all
They are the dogs under carriage as far as dust sheets go i will vouch for them :)

I think given the numbers they are taking the **** a bit. They must only sell to B.G at those numbers?

I reckon you could get them made in China in any colour you want, shipped and a free new born baby with every sheet at that price.

Ermi, I'd be interested to hear what your offering is? Surely the material isn't that expensive?

No I got a 6 by 6 one hemmed and edged fully waterproof 450gsm for £40

These dust sheets sound awesome but those prices are pretty steep even for a premium product. What material is it we probably could get them made in china for cheaper if we knew what spec to ask for.

I am potentialy still in however. I would need 2 runner's and a couple of 3x3's

These dust sheets sound awesome but those prices are pretty steep even for a premium product. What material is it we probably could get them made in china for cheaper if we knew what spec to ask for.

I'm certain you're right.

You are paying two mark ups here - Florprotec and ours.

Bearing in mind how the deal came to us, I'm happy to go open book on this.

For example, the 3m x 3m sheet selling for £25 as a single would cost me £16 if I bought 400 of them. (Based on the price that I have been quoted so far).

I'm working on the basis that we would make up a package of several sheets to justify the carriage charge, at a bundle discount of around 10%. That would mean we mostly sold that unit at around £22.50, or at 28.89% margin on return.

Thats a reasonable, but far from juicy margin - bearing in mind the speculative nature of the deal. Its on the low side of what I would expect to make on tools and consumables.

I'm guessing that Florprotec will have a fairly decent margin as well - probably better than mine. And on the british gas deal, they would probably have got some extra support from the factory.

I'm certain you're right.

You are paying two mark ups here - Florprotec and ours.

Bearing in mind how the deal came to us, I'm happy to go open book on this.

For example, the 3m x 3m sheet selling for £25 as a single would cost me £16 if I bought 400 of them. (Based on the price that I have been quoted so far).

I'm working on the basis that we would make up a package of several sheets to justify the carriage charge, at a bundle discount of around 10%. That would mean we mostly sold that unit at around £22.50, or at 28.89% margin on return.

Thats a reasonable, but far from juicy margin - bearing in mind the speculative nature of the deal. Its on the low side of what I would expect to make on tools and consumables.

I'm guessing that Florprotec will have a fairly decent margin as well - probably better than mine. And on the british gas deal, they would probably have got some extra support from the factory.

I have no issue with paying a mark up but as the point was to get the price down is there no way we can deal with the factory or get sent a sample which we can send to china to be ripped off. As it happens I think your package price is reasonable but if you could deal direct it would give williams a bigger cut.

Not sure if that inc vat or excluding it but off the top of my head thats just about £2500 -£2600 in it pre costs to you.

that isnt very good for 400 units of which you're likely going to have half sit around for a while!!!
having to have someone store it and sort it, dispatch it to us, do the paperwork.

not even mentioning your personal time!

I have no issue with paying a mark up but as the point was to get the price down is there no way we can deal with the factory or get sent a sample which we can send to china to be ripped off. As it happens I think your package price is reasonable but if you could deal direct it would give williams a bigger cut.

Normally, anything ex-China needs to be a container load to make economic sense. I don't know quite how large these things are, but I would guess its about 2000 - 3000 to the container? Just a guess on my part.

I would imagine that this is how Florprotec bring them in. Not sure we could get to those kind of volumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dust sheets (please read) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock