Currently reading:
Dreading it

Discuss Dreading it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Dreading going to work tomorrow, got a full system to do. Got a touch of boy flue as well. Ive got my dad with me who's 75. Bless him be tries, but it takes him an hour to hang a rad. And every time I go to put my hand on a tool he's bad it. Sigh! Poor me.

12 year warranty? No way. If that's true, I'm gonna start fitting them myself.

Wow. That's impressive.

I'm based in Kent. I'm going to look into doing their course too. That's quite a selling point.

Ah!! And I guess you need to do the manufacturers course to qualify for the 5 year?

The lad on my course absolutely raved about them.really sold them to me and I think price wise about the same as Worcester Bosch?

yes and then register with them, you then become a platinum 5 installer they want gs number an 2mil pli

Might look into it. I'm quite fickle with boiler manufacturers at the moment. I'm swinging back in favour of Worcester Bosch's at the moment. I know I'll get some scorn for that, but there you go.

Someone wants me to fit a big combi. I think Intergas do a 42KW. I know WB do. I'll compare costs but if there aint much in it, I'll probably suggest the WB (just being honest).

The other advantage is the engineers case the size of a think briefcase cadets all the spares and the combi can be used as heat only or system I believe

combi can be used as multipoint water heater, without any water in ch side of boiler :)

How did it go?

I got a written warning and have been put on a performance review for the next month. went quite well was expecting worse but makes no sense to me why suspend someone on full pay for 2 days because I had 1 day off.

Sort of good news I suppose! Just hope they buck their ideas up and make the job less stressful for you mate!

BOD, I'm rather tall and unfit. I don't do running or hiding very well!!

two days off with pay sounds good, but weird way to go about it, like sending skool kids home to punish them. its what they want :)

Start looking elsewhere, keep your nose clean till you get something.

Yeah thats what I thought 2 extra lie ins after christmas lol.

I doubt they will make it less stressful if anything they are trying to make it harder for me. Lucky for me I am the only LPG Oil engineer so I think that helped a little but I know they are looking for someone to do that then they will try and force me out. But hey ho good job I am already looking elsewhere.

That is one thing I honestly didn't do when I left my old company, I returned every single fitting, screw and bit of pipe that didn't belong to me! The grief they caused me after I left, I wish I'd stolen the bloody van now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dreading it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock