Currently reading:
Double check

Discuss Double check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakdown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wanted to get something right in my head. Working on a vaillant Eco tec pro getting no gas faults f28 f29. I have 22 mbar standing pressure at gas valve when boiler attempts to fill I get a full drop on my gauge. 22mbar standing pressure at meter drops 1 mbar when boiler attempting to fire. Boiler has been working till today. 22mm gas run to boiler. Not a long run so don't think pipe sizing. Could be blockage from meter to boiler. Any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

valve shut somewhere? Isolator on boiler shut? Paste/ptfe on threaded joint causing blockage?
Gas valve inlet filter blocked?

Any mains work done in the road?
could be black dust filling the inlet filter

[DLMURL="http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Professional/Public-Health/Black-Dust/"]Black Dust - CIPHE[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tryed opening the gas valve as if your purging to check pressure? Blockage unlikely and easy to test. Is the boiler sparking? Have you took the electrodes out to see them sparking? With gas off off course. Have you checked the condess as this can give you this fault. Abit more info would help help ;)

i agree with mike, prob a Donkin guv. They are an automatic replace when they are came across by the gas suppliers. They fail inside and sometimes leak gas from the vent.

Update after scratching my head for several hours. Decided to measure up for a new gas carcass found a hidden secondary ecv behind the couch in the lounge practically shut.

Nice easy job then! Well done for finding it. It happened to me about 4 years ago, I had to leave the job, but another engineer who was familiar with the layout of the row of houses went back and found it. The tenant was disabled and hadn't really got much idea of what was going on, was wasn't much help when trying to locate the aecv.

Any mains work done in the road?
could be black dust filling the inlet filter

[DLMURL="http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Professional/Public-Health/Black-Dust/"]Black Dust - CIPHE[/DLMURL]

you got me thinking is there any type of filter for gas tha can be fitted befreboiler- called glowworm out to a flexicom and the gas valve filter was blocked

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Double check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock