Discuss Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whl4852

Went to my local Travis branch this morning, where I have an account. I purchased the following:

1. 22mm tank connector
2. Two 22mm 90 elbows
3. Two 22mm stop ends (compression)
4. Three 15mm service valves
5. 3m length of 22mm copper

The ridiculous grand total of £47.00 (with the vat)

In my defence it was early this morning, check sales note and everything was listed correctly, the pipe was nearly £20! Are they having a laugh?

22mm is around £3.70 plus VAT a metre at the moment from my local.

Where they charging retail or trade? And yes, I never use Travis Perkins because I think they're too expensive.

Were supposedly charging 'trade' I'm really angry because I was listening to a painter and decorator saying he can get paint at half the price of Travis, this was whilst I was in the shop. I'm sure they are out to get the small business, they've just lost me as a customer.

Last time I used them was for 3 lengths of corner bead I'd overlooked on a job and they had a store close by, can't remember the price but it was extortionate and from that I made my mind up never to deal with them again. Never heard anyone say a good word about them.

Went to my local Travis branch this morning, where I have an account. I purchased the following:

1. 22mm tank connector
2. Two 22mm 90 elbows
3. Two 22mm stop ends (compression)
4. Three 15mm service valves
5. 3m length of 22mm copper

The ridiculous grand total of £47.00 (with the vat)

In my defence it was early this morning, check sales note and everything was listed correctly, the pipe was nearly £20! Are they having a laugh?

About £19 inc vat with my terms at plumb.....they are having your pants down.........

Not been in there for years even though they are the closest by far to me, after they tried to charge me £25 for a pack of 22mm elbows.

Thanks lads, you've all confirmed my suspicions. Gonna pop down tomorrow morning and give the manager a head lock.

Thanks lads, you've all confirmed my suspicions. Gonna pop down tomorrow morning and give the manager a head lock.

You have to pay £125 +VAT to see the manager.

I've got an account card still for travis perkins for a social housing contractor give me a jelly baby you can have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock