Discuss do we have a contender ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
came across a real horror of an installation, the boiler was in a cupboard and about 1.6m to the bottom, so the flue was out of eye sight, looks like a half decent install not the best, look a bit further(flue) and its a horror show. What amazes me is that it was an ex-rented property so landlord certificates spring to mind, if I can find out how to get photos from my HTC onto the PC I'll post them up, could be a real contender for The Good the bad and the ugly in the GS mag. So going to a job to rip out bathroom, end up condeming their boiler and disconnecting it :p they were perfectly fine with it though once they seen the evidence.

IMAG0057.jpgIMAG0058.jpgIMAG0059.jpgIMAG0060.jpgIMAG0061.jpgIMAG0062.jpgIMAG0063.jpgIMAG0064.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0066.jpg

now that i would riddor

My thought too! That is shocking.

Although, as a lot of commercial guys know, its common practice and perfectly legal, all be it with the correct flue connections and a boiler designed for the purpose, to draw the air from the boiler room whilst flueing the fumes to the outside. Forced draught or fan draught its called yeh? ... :)

they have just moved in, so how the hell was it passed to be able to sell the house ?? would they be able to bill the previous owner for the repair ??

They can bill the previous owners if less than a week. Tell them to get on to their lawyer straight away.

I am going to RIDDOR it, its a young family that has bought the house with a new born, and a 4 year old. Luckily they are not staying in the house and are staying in a flat as the house is getting a full refurb, I feel sorry for them though as fixing it will be in excess of £300 probably so they shouldnt need to pay for it.

Definite contender for the GS Mag Gerry!. That's unbelievably bad. I would Riddor it aswell.

I have sent away the Riddor, and got an e-mail today saying that they have sent the details to HSE, customer missed her deadline so don't know if she will have any luck with the lawyer, I told her to get on the phone anyway and complain and try and find out who installed it.

One of my other jobs today, went to it and the B&Q kitchen fitters have boxed in the boiler and now I cant get the casing off !! luckily they are coming back tomorrow to finish so told customers to tell them to change it or else its AR. And the customer has fitted his own gutters and downpipes which are about 5mm away from my flue, not my fault but what should be done to cover my own back ??

sorry its the gutter that is close to the flue not the downpipe, should have been more clearer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to do we have a contender ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock