Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Decent People in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Nice to post something good.

On the way home last night called in to a cusrtomer with a dodgy shower, sorted it and then home.
Couldn't find my work phone when I got back, tried ringing it, checked in the van but no sign.
Out to pool, came back and the young un had taken a message, found your phone.
Champion, thought I would pick it up this morning on the way back up to work.
Turned up at the customer I'd sorted the shower for. Wasn't us, never seen your phone.

Hadn't even thought to phone the number left in the message and wondering what the hell I'd done with me phone.
Called the wife (2nd phone) to get the number left in message. She said that she had phoned the number and they had found it in the middle of the main road.
It all fell into place.
Gone in to look at the shower, couple of spanners, phillips and flat head driver in me pocket.
Come back out and put tools into back of van but pulled phone out as well. Put phone on top of van whilst sorting out and left it there.
Drove off and it must have fallen off in the main road, luckily it's a jcb sitemaster.

So called round tonight to pick phone up, dropped them a few £££ to get a drink/bottle of wine as a thankyou.

Just goes to show that there are still some really decent folk out there. :)

There definitely are a few good people left in the world but they are in short supply. I try my best to be a decent person..... Infact I don't need to try. But it normally leaves me with less than the nasty people out there who kick off if something doesn't go their way.

The mentality of the majority of people in this country leaves you questioning if there's a point to your own morals.

But not to put a downer on your high..... It's always nice to hear something nice!!

As per Kyle87, always nice to hear a good story.

EVEN I did something extra yesterday. Called at house to fix old lady's loo. Son in law(?) let me in and said he'd get some silicone to stick the vent cover on by the front door which we'd both noticed had fallen off. He left me alone to fix the wc.

Hour later, wc back to normal and paid for.

(And I'd even got my own silicone out to save him the bother - hope it's a pleasant surprise for him.)

There definitely are a few good people left in the world but they are in short supply. I try my best to be a decent person..... Infact I don't need to try. But it normally leaves me with less than the nasty people out there who kick off if something doesn't go their way.

The mentality of the majority of people in this country leaves you questioning if there's a point to your own morals.

But not to put a downer on your high..... It's always nice to hear something nice!!

i think the crap thats shown on tv is to blame kids think that that is the way to behave screaming and shouting at each other jeremy kyle style

I found a reather nice Black berry in the road in a puddle.
Wouldnt turn on but had an Orange sim in it.
So called Orange, told me to post it to them, I said no heres my details, please pass them to the owner so I can return it.
Heard nothing for 4 weeks, took phone to work and managed to power it up, found Daddy in the phone book called it and delivered it, Orange had never passed my details on! She was delighted as many irriplacable pictures of her daughter on it, its not the phone its the info in it thats valuable.
Just copy one contact number to your sim then if some one finds the phone they can put the sim in another phone and read the contact

I was in Dubai 2yrs ago. Dropped my wallet on one of the river buses! Got back to hotel to cancel my cards. To my suprise the credit card company said someone had rang to report the card and left their contact number. I rang them ... Couple of hours later I met up with the guy and he handed my wallet back to me ... Not a thing missing! He refused and offers I made him, said if i wanted money I could have easily just given you your wallet minus the cash :) he was an English business man working out there!

Dropped my other halfs iPod touch in the street while moving in to our home, must have fallen out a box, the bloke 3 doors down spotted it realised it must be ours and returned it! :hurray:

Last edited:
Did my good deed for the month the other week, got called to a house to help with a situation, engineer installing new boiler found the cooker to be leaking gas! Man was 94 and finding it hard to accept as he couldn't afford a new one! I hounded age concern and his housing officer and got him a new one delivered that day free of charge, the engineer fitted it for him crisis avoided! Smug me

Last edited:
I'd always try and return someone's wallet or phone (in fact anything really) as I'd like someone to do the same for me if I lost something.

But then I'm not a deadbeat!

I think there are more good people than bad,

My mother in law had a nasty fall near the bus stop, three local hoodies, chavs, whatever you want to call them.

They ran over to her helped her up and then walked her home, made sure she was OK and then they phoned me to let me know what had happened, restored my faith in human nature (if only for a short time).

Did my good deed for the month the other week, got called to a house to help with a situation, engineer installing new boiler found the cooker to be leaking gas! Man was 94 and finding it hard to accept as he couldn't afford a new one! I hounded age concern and his housing officer and got him a new one delivered that day free of charge, the engineer fitted it for him crisis avoided! Smug me

Well done! it costs nothing to be nice

Lost my brand new iPhone at Anfield last season and was gutted, tried ringing it for about 20 minutes off my mates phone but no answer. Then they rang my mate back off my phone to say they were in a pub in town and come and get it. Met the lad, gave me my phone and wouldn't even take a drink off me. Donated £20 to charity instead, some good people around.

Wife had half day last week so thought she would wash her hair when she got in from work just got under way when heard knock on front door looked out of bedroom window to see 15/16 year old on a bike looking very suspicious so she went down and opened the door only for him to say she had left the keys in the door moral of the story never judge a book by its cover lucky or what!!:innocent:regards turnpin

Couple of times been in the garage in the morning getting stuff out b4 setting off to then come home look through the front of van to find keys nowhere to be send to go and have a look at the garage door and there are the keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Decent People in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock