Discuss Cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just reading the thread from woodsy just now having a phone call to do the CP12 for properties for £30 prompted me just to ask what do all you guys charge for this service, bearing in mind no servicing just the basic cp12 , or do alot of you guys tie in the yearly service in with the cert, thanks in advance guys,,

I have to be honest I price in several fashions depending on who I'm doing for. I tend to charge a straight £50 for private but have worked out some lower prices based on quantities offered to me by some agents I work for

I have to be honest I price in several fashions depending on who I'm doing for. I tend to charge a straight £50 for private but have worked out some lower prices based on quantities offered to me by some agents I work for

Cheers riley thats very reasonable mate...

Obviously negotiable depending on customers attitude :wink:

I don't do many at all, I think the responsibility you have when you sign a landlords, is the most pathetic , worse paid part of our job.

very roughly I try for at least £ 60 or even £70 but they really need to be tied in with a service then you can justify charging a lot more. If they won't pay £60/£70 I really ain't bovered !!!!!!

I charge £80 for each . As lots of houses i do have gas fires cooker.boiler etc. I struggle n got mixed up for a start what i was chargin who and rememberin how many appliances was in the house i attended last year so just done a standard charge for easiness.

Dont get me wrong i do feel guilty when doing a house with just a boiler and i do think its expensive . But where do we draw the line . I did think on doin 60 for standard 1 appliance and 20 for each aplliance on top but then 4 would be 120 yeeeeks. Just stick to 80 as only charge 25-30 phr rest of time so im not extortionate.

I charge £60 for up to two appliances and £10 per appliance after. I only really do them for private landlords who I have previously done work for. Even the letting agent I do all breakdowns and maintenance for don't use me for CP12's as they have a guy that does them for £30. I'm based in south east London for reference, as obviously some areas differ on pricing.

A guy in my area has been doing them for £30 for last three years, I don't do them anymore !!!

Its not the time it takes you to do a cp12 its the money it has cost you to stand there as a qualified engineer with a calibrated analyser that you are charging for. I have seen some of these £30 inspections, like the meter that was boxed in with a slot to put the card in, no access to the ecv and the flat that was supplied with gas from a meter that was in the workshop below, access to the ecv only if the workshop was open.

I never now what to charge for them. I quoted £55 for a boiler only on a cp12, the guy then chirps up telling me the agent wants over £100. So where do they get £30 from ?
i hate estate agents!

CP12 is a ''grey area'' to most I might say? Personally, I charge £60 minimum but can do £50 for ''friends''.
But what stops a supposedly gas engineer charging £25/30 per CP12? What most of them do is walk in, take a look at the cooker and or boiler, make a note of the make/model. operate boiler (if they are in the mood) then sit down and fill the certificate and hand it over? Some of them do it in a matter of 20 mins???

A neighbour who has a few properties asked me to do a CP12 for one of his properties in Norwood last week. There was a slight gas leak, but a leak all the same. All seals on cooker were useless and oven door did not close. WTF. Condensate pipe is just pushed out through wall and discharges in back garden. Same as the PRV. it's just pushed out the wall?

It became obvious that I will have to fail it. So I left and gave him back his keys, asking that the gas cooker be changed before I will even attend. His arguement: It has been no problem for the past SEVEN years and no one has ever raised any of the issues I am raising. As expected, he has not gotten back to me. And I am convinced there is a 99% chance he has been given one regardless.

Nail on the head there VI, been there and done that....can't remember the last time my notes/recommendations were acted upon.
Once had one CP12 that took three hours to complete including travel there and back, for £30.......not on your life or anyone else's for that matter.

I ve had a problem with landlord checks too recently. An estate agent I've just started working for was sending work orders for 'landlord gas safety check'. When I asked who does the servicing on the appliances they just assumed it was included. I ve got one this week for them which is a boiler a fire and a cooker. They checked different engineers paperwork for last year and he charged £50 for all 3 appliances! There's no way I could service all 3 and do landlords check for £50 and I don't see how anyone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back