Discuss Cp12 and fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

the amount of fires i go to that have not been serviced is an utter joke, even if you tell them it must be serviced yearly landlords dont bother, so what do you class them as, they pass there smoke test and spillage test but the coals are either in the wrong place or the fuel bed is full of dirt.

Tbh i at risk them 9/10 times i service them and remove the at risk but still get the other people that say just leave it

steven

Think from memory GIUSP says it's and ID if in poor condition due to lack of or poor maintenance?

Sometimes it takes just as long to cap it than it does to service it. Hoover it out etc. Depending on what fire it is anyway. I know what you mean though. Alot of tenants give it " we never ever use it, thats why it full of sh*t.

The amount of fires I go to and take them out and they haven't been hoovered for years is crazy. That and when i do a flue flow or spillage and the tenant says 'oh they don't usually do that' :crazy:

The amount of fires I go to and take them out and they haven't been hoovered for years is crazy. That and when i do a flue flow or spillage and the tenant says 'oh they don't usually do that' :crazy:

Yeah, I've had a few funny looks when I light the smoke bombs then go toodling out the door to check it's coming out the chimney :lol:

Yeah, I've had a few funny looks when I light the smoke bombs then go toodling out the door to check it's coming out the chimney :lol:

Me too, specially when I light the smoke bomb and leave it on the coffee table while I nip to the van for a sarnie.

I had a landlord last year, trying to accuse me that I was looking for extra work, in trying to look for problems on the chimney, apparently his usual, guy had never smoke tested in the 11 years he was doing it.

Cookers are another neglected appliance. You open the door on some the glass is cracked the Philemon is buried under 4 years of burnt chips. No flame supervision device. No Accessible ECV on hobs

No aecv on fifteenth floor
That or a meter under a kitchen unit, placed at the extreme corner of the unit meaning you need to practically crawl
into the bloody thing. Only for the ECV to be behind the meter and virtually inaccessible.

Its only ID if it is spilling POC. Broken/cracked Radiant's, coals not placed correctly on matrix AR. In any event it is turned off.

Cookers are another neglected appliance. You open the door on some the glass is cracked the Philemon is buried under 4 years of burnt chips. No flame supervision device. No Accessible ECV on hobs

Totally mate, especially on rental properties, I saw one so rancid I just told the landlord I wasn't going to look at it and he'd be better off with a new one :D.
To my surprise he got it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cp12 and fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back