Currently reading:
Cleaning plate heatex's

Discuss Cleaning plate heatex's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

What do you guys use to clear the ch side of a blocked plate to plate? Got a mate on a tight budget, who's planning to ditch his Isar soon and would rather not fork out £100 on a new one.

Fill the CH ports with X800, leave for an hour or two and blast it back and forth with a hose pipe. I used a pressure washer on one once too! Amazing the amount of scale that came out!

If you have a power flush machine or a mate with one this does the trick. When it stops fizzing it is usually clear. I use FX2 but any acid cleaner would do. You have to remove the PHEX and make up adapters. You will only find significant scale on the water side. The CH side should be part of a sealed system which if well behaved should not have scale. It will have a tad of sludge.

If you have a power flush machine or a mate with one this does the trick. When it stops fizzing it is usually clear. I use FX2 but any acid cleaner would do. You have to remove the PHEX and make up adapters. You will only find significant scale on the water side. The CH side should be part of a sealed system which if well behaved should not have scale. It will have a tad of sludge.

It's blocked with magnetite, DHW s clear as a whistle, no scale. I'm thinking a replacement might be on the cards.

Just had a text off my mate, apparantly he's used some oust on it and its done the trick. He's gonna soak it and blast it with a hose again.

Oust limescale remover I guess. It's quite good at removing limescale. If you have the time to do it, you can just try soaking them over night in a couple of different things to remove the crap. Limescale remover is probably a good one and as suggested x800 jet flo or some f3.

lol brilliant. Never heard the oust method before. I personally think replacing them is alot more practical. Just me though

X800 is the dog ********! Just run in through the system and leaving the hot tap running for 30 mins gets it everytime

if its the ch side bloked i just use a hose and plenty of banging on the floor to shift the bits

X800 is the dog ********! Just run in through the system and leaving the hot tap running for 30 mins gets it everytime

how do you get it into just the boiler - or do you add to system which would dilute it a bit

how do you get it into just the boiler - or do you add to system which would dilute it a bit

With a dosing vessel if there is a filling loop. Second option is to drain a rad take the vent completely out and use a 22mm tee with 15mm on the branch, 2p in the 22mm end, 15mm screws into the vent hole, pour it in the 22mm at the top. For old style rads i simply take the smallest rad off and pour it in, can get a little messy putting it back if your not careful.

Run the system for 10 mins, then run the hot tap for 20 mins job done.

Last edited:
With a dosing vessel if there is a filling loop. Second option is to drain a rad take the vent completely out and use a 22mm tee with 15mm on the branch, 2p in the 22mm end, 15mm screws into the vent hole, pour it in the 22mm at the top. For old style rads i simply take the smallest rad off and pour it in, can get a little messy putting it back if your not careful.

Run the system for 10 mins, then run the hot tap for 20 mins job done.

sorry thought you put it just into boiler so it was not as diluted as being in system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning plate heatex's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock