Currently reading:
ccn1 exam

Discuss ccn1 exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aaronsmith

hello,not been on in a while! basicaly sitting my ccn1 exam wed thur fri! bit nervous as have not had as much gas experience as would have liked,studying my bpec books alot to try get most out of the exam,eany help pointers would be appreciated

If you don't think you have had enough experience, would it be worth getting more experience before doing CCN1?

To quote the late, great Corporal Jones and the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

DON'T PANIC!

its a training centre where fellas go on a 28 week cource,so i will be foing exam with them i would imagine! iv been doin plumbing for 6 years,so hot a rough idea how gas appliances work etc but im unsure what to expect in the exam. eany ideas what to expect practical wise? thanks in advance

its a training centre where fellas go on a 28 week cource,so i will be foing exam with them i would imagine! iv been doin plumbing for 6 years,so hot a rough idea how gas appliances work etc but im unsure what to expect in the exam. eany ideas what to expect practical wise? thanks in advance

where are you doing the exam?

training developments scotland in paisley!:) good reviews kirkgas?

Depending on which certification body you do it with (Bpec, CSKILL...)

What happens on CCN1 is, you will do a number of multiple question papers. About four and may include one that is closed book.

You will then do a workbook this involves looking at some pictures, vents, flues and unsafe situations. Then answer questions on these.

Then the practical, which tests you on testing, been safe, controls and other stuff...

Remember to BE SAFE, think about what you are doing, Read The Question & listen to what they are asking.

its bpec orry clatton,thank you for answers. yes am confident am safe,and yes am reasonably clued up. worried incase a fail!

hahaha! must be good then! if your in you will fail me for asking questions! im in,in the morning,going down for sum training!

Depending on which certification body you do it with (Bpec, CSKILL...)

What happens on CCN1 is, you will do a number of multiple question papers. About four and may include one that is closed book.

You will then do a workbook this involves looking at some pictures, vents, flues and unsafe situations. Then answer questions on these.

Then the practical, which tests you on testing, been safe, controls and other stuff...

Remember to BE SAFE, think about what you are doing, Read The Question & listen to what they are asking.

to clarify with bpec
you will do 2 written papers, 1 on flues and 1 on safety about 50 odd questions in each, are you doing refresher training or are you doing exam for the first time? if first time you will do another 50 odd questions on legislation, you get 2 attempts to get 80% after which you get oral verification questions on the 2 x wrong ones as its likely you dont understand the way the question is written, you need to get 100% on theory to be allowed to sit practical
if you are in for refresher training you will get training on various aspects of what you already are supposed to know to ensure you remember the different things, as others have said, relax, listen concentrate and think safety and you wont be far away, a lot of people run out of time because of the amount of stupid timewasting mistakes people make

hahaha! must be good then! if your in you will fail me for asking questions! im in,in the morning,going down for sum training!

nobody will fail you for preparing, thats what we expect people to do to give themselves a fighting chance to get through the volume in the prescribed time, you say you are going in tomorrow for training? when else are you in for training

thanks kirkgas! its 2 day refresher training then exam wed thr fri! when i sat my apprentice ship i had to get a gas exempion because i didnt have enough of a portfolio due to lack of gas work at the company i was with!

thanks kirkgas! its 2 day refresher training then exam wed thr fri! when i sat my apprentice ship i had to get a gas exempion because i didnt have enough of a portfolio due to lack of gas work at the company i was with!

sorry you've lost me a bit, if you got the exemption cause you didnt do gas, did you then do it at a later date as a cat 2 (meaning you got a gas portfolio) or are you doing it as initial candidate as someone who hasnt had ACS before?

and yes the exam is the first time

sorry posts are out of sync,
so if its the first time you have done gas exam have you been in with a gas portfolio to be checked over? cause if its the firt time at gas exam you are initial candidate and MUST have a gas portfolio, send me a PM and we can discuss this further

ok- when i was serving my time i got put through my gas but didnt get enough 'gas days' for portfolio,so i went out with a gsrc to get the rest of my portfolio but i think i was classed as a cat 3 candidate because i webt through traing at ayr college.

Im not sure where kirkgas stands on this but when i did my ccn1 our lecturer said he knew who was goin to pass before we took the test. Im assuming alot of this was based upon your application in the classroom.

yea acecharly lecturer said i will be fine and attitude is good so fingers crossed bt still be cautious and hopefully all goes to plan! thanks for support

not to bad i think kirkgas,nervous but i wasnt to bad! bit slow mind you! feel a bit at ease now! think the assesor was pulling his hair out haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ccn1 exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back