Currently reading:
Bad Day !!!!

Discuss Bad Day !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How bad can your day get.

Copped 2 parking tickets - total $180.00.
Could probably sneak one onto the invoice, but no way 2.

Went to pick one of my kids up from school.

Thought I would be nice and take his BMX bike so he could ride it home.
Couldn't be bothered walking it so I rode it on the footpath -without a helmet. It was his hanging from the handlebars.
School is 400 meters from home.

Got stopped by the Police, who were just driving by, and copped a $145.00 fine for riding bike without a helmet.
I thought the copper was joking so I hammed it up a bit.
Unfortunately, the cop was a bit of a ***** and I let him know - bad, avoidable, mistake.
He then asked me if I want to spend some time cooling off, because HE could arrange it.

Mind you, in front of other school kids and parents.

Walked bike to school, only to find that my wife had picked up my son.
Jumped on the bike...and ...then got caught by the principle and berated for riding the bike on school grounds.

Held my tongue...next working bee...she can get stuffed.
( I think she saw me getting done by the cops and wanted to add to my frustrations)

Got home...wife asked how my day was.

Told her...

I don't think I have ever seen her laugh so much.

As far as i am concerned....she can get stuffed also.

Besides that I had a good day at work - is that a plus?

Take the good with the bad. My days been excellent. Beat the top of the league pool team last night, first time they have lost in 50 games. Oil combi to oil combi swap done this morning, squeezed in an extra job this afternoon and then drop into tomorrows work and got that finished. Day off tomorrow now.

Take the good with the bad. My days been excellent. Beat the top of the league pool team last night, first time they have lost in 50 games. Oil combi to oil combi swap done this morning, squeezed in an extra job this afternoon and then drop into tomorrows work and got that finished. Day off tomorrow now.
Good work mate!

had a swine of a day, new heat only going in, but whoever surveyed the job is a peenarse! Existing flue terminates in next doors garden so not allowed to go there, even though they said boiler going in same place with same flue hole. Can't go sideways with flue as there's a dirty great soil stack the flue would have to go right through the middle of. Can't elbow round as then it's just a large double window! Can't be moved to any other wall.
so phone the guvna and tell him only option is to go in loft. Now it's gotta be converted to sealed system as boiler is same height as F and E etc!
Now it's the drama of getting gas up there. Asked tenant if I can run surface but they decline as "will look ugly" can't run external as terraced house, so I think no drama will lift some boards and do it that way. Get upstairs, re arrange the **** tip kids room to get to the corner I need, pull back carpet and it's not floorboards it's that solid wood floor that's laid in big sheets, don't know what it's called tbh. Having a stinker! Managed to hang boiler in loft, and run Flow and Return down into airing cupboard, and run the condense. Wanted to do more but as boiler was only meant to be going in same place, they only gave me 1 length of 22mm and only had 2 lengths left from my own stock lol
one of them horrible days where everything is against you but not going back til Monday so not too upset.
pass the Stella

First job this morning, core drill hole in chimney to smoke test for gas fire, blunted core cutter on old back boiler someone left in,

then fitting a basin waste that id insisted on getting metal waste but boss decided to get plastic, so that snapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bad Day !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back