Currently reading:
Awkward moments at work

Discuss Awkward moments at work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb76

What are your most awkward moments while on a job? 2 of us on boiler change yesterday, nice couple in their 50's, nice house etc. The wife tells me she's going out now followed by "my husbands leaving today!" Didn't really know what to say and thought I won't mention anything to my mate till we're done and discussing the job over a pint in the local pub later. An hour later the husbands telling him the same thing as he's packing his things into the boot of the car. We finished the job, neither of them there, we had to knock on a neighbours door asking if they had a key to lock up...strange day!

Had a job where the rad had come away from the wall and was leaning against the bed, me and my apprentice held the rad and slid the bed out the way to expose a 12" pink *****, the lady was stood there, looked at me, looked at the ***** and calmly asked me if I would like a brew. Apprentice was ****ing himself then proceeded to boot it across the room.

Not in the same theme as every one else's but the one that sticks in my mind.

I got given a job on housing association for no heating, struggled to park any where near the property so had to park quite a way down the road.

Being my normal happy self when they answered the door said good morning I'm here to fix the heating, is parking always this shocking? She looked at me quite sad and said oh I'm ever so sorry my mum died and we have all the family here waiting to go to the funeral as well as the coffin in the middle of the room! I had no idea what to say and tried to say I would come back but lucky enough it was low pressure so I topped it up and shot off.

Not in the same theme as every one else's but the one that sticks in my mind.

I got given a job on housing association for no heating, struggled to park any where near the property so had to park quite a way down the road.

Being my normal happy self when they answered the door said good morning I'm here to fix the heating, is parking always this shocking? She looked at me quite sad and said oh I'm ever so sorry my mum died and we have all the family here waiting to go to the funeral as well as the coffin in the middle of the room! I had no idea what to say and tried to say I would come back but lucky enough it was low pressure so I topped it up and shot off.

I had a funny awkward moment at work on Thursday, I met a bloke in a pub car park to take delivery of a full size plastic woman. My girlfriend is obsessed with vintage mannequins and she found one on ebay she wanted as a christmas present so I arranged for delivery and the guy dropped it off, I was working next to a pub so I said i'd meet him in the carpark for ease of finding. So he rings me and I zoomed round in the van, as soon as I was greeted by the sight of an estate car with the tailgate open and her parted legs hanging out I though OMG...he pulled her out and stood her up and showed her curves off to me. God forbid anyone I knew would have driven past as it was in our village. I couldn't wait to get her in the van I said its my girlfriends I'm not a pervert or anything ha ha ha..
20161105_120917.jpg

Last edited:
rang a customer 2 years back to book a boiler service in, phoned answered and I went is that Mr "Smith", got the answer no it is his son, dad died an hour ago, I will get Mum for you....... Mum came on the line, oh yes we just got back from intensive care, we had the machines turned off so he passed away......... by this time I was a gibbering wreck wondering what to say, but she carried on for 20 minutes about this n that until i suggested I call back in a month or two to book in a service.....

She is stil a customer, lovely lady, but I havent forgotten that call in a hurry.

I'm not sure pressing the like button was Appropriate ? But goood story.

When i started work the company had a return job in London. Soho that was an eye opener at sixteen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Awkward moments at work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock