Discuss £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So, I've not had a cigarette in a week now and its great. Based on the fact I smoked 20 a day and an extra 20 over the weekend I've saved nearly 55 quid so far. It's not great deal of money by any means and it won't make me rich but its better in my back pocket then wasted on cancer sticks.

I haven't missed it as much as I thought to be honest, I have up for 4 months a few years ago and wanted a *** constantly, this time it feels completely different, probably because I really want to this time.

The only side effect so far, is that I'm hungry all the time, but according to the NHS website it's because my taste buds are getting better each day.

Another bonus is spending absolutely nothing during the day at work, I had 100 quid in my wallet Monday morning and its all still there.

IMG_1115.jpg
It's getting pretty easy now, even had 2 smoke free nights on the **** (tonight being one)
How are you guys doing?

View attachment 11470
It's getting pretty easy now, even had 2 smoke free nights on the **** (tonight being one)
How are you guys doing?

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

Or the proposed Scottish one.

This is where I'm at now. It's been quite easy and I hardly use the electric *** when at home and less and less each day in the van. I haven't been out in the lash yet, but I think I'll be able to do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 39
I have a confession to make. I has a cigar yesterday, it was lovely. Sat in one if my really good customers garden. Shame on me.

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

Truest statement ever, everyone will realise this in good time.
i gave up a whole ago now and there's still times that make you think of it. I totally agree with the first time around the pool. Killed me in August. Also things like seeing old friends, sitting in my van outside old jobs.

Just control yourself when you're on the lash, when all your mates head for the smoking area just stay inside.

I am not a fan of the modern mobile phone but I have to say that is one of the best reasons I have seen to upgrade.

Must be great to have that reminder with you should the urge return.

My Father gave them up a few years ago, everyday he puts the equal cost of 60 cigs away, he actually goes to the shop and gets the exact change.

Each year he orders a new car when the present car is ten months old so he can be sure of collecting the new car on the anniversary of when he gave up smoking.

Any excess funds he has goes in "extras" he usually wouldn't bother with, that's his incentive and it works for him.

Take care when pricing jobs Leo :)

Rough pricing, 3 x packs of 20 = €27 x 365 = €9855.00

Of course he trades the old car in, hard to call them old as last one had less than 5,000 Km on the clock.

Even though I am still a smoker I have reached the point where there are times I light up then wonder why did I bother, hopefully one of these days it will happen when I'm really thinking about that cough in the mornings when driving and all I can see are stars in front of my eyes.

Reckon I'm getting closer to quitting.

I'm gonna try again this year. went on a full champix course last spring. God they made me feel weird. didnt want a *** when i was on them probably cause i felt sick all the time, strange vivid dreams that messed with my head and was arsey to everyone. and when i stopped them i wanted a *** haha great. think i'll try just willpower and patches this time.

Patches work well, mixture of help and will power.

I've had one hiccup, but apart from that ok. Still think about them daily but don't crave as much.

I'm gonna try again this year. went on a full champix course last spring. God they made me feel weird. didnt want a *** when i was on them probably cause i felt sick all the time, strange vivid dreams that messed with my head and was arsey to everyone. and when i stopped them i wanted a *** haha great. think i'll try just willpower and patches this time.

The lad who old me about them had issues with them. Worked great at first then he said everytime his missus walked in the room he felt an overwhelming urge to kill her!

This is where I'm at now. I use my electric *** when I feel like a *** sometimes but each day I find myself wanting and thinking about smoking less and less, so each day I use the electric *** less.
I never used it at all last Sunday and I very rarely use it during the evening :)

image.jpg

I've been off 3 weeks now, leccy *** gets used 2/3 times per day, if at all. Many days its not used at all. Feeling peckish a bit though.

Felt great at 5 aside on Tuesday, so much easier than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock