Currently reading:
3 Quotes recommending 3 different boliers

Discuss 3 Quotes recommending 3 different boliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tombhoy

Hi,
I urgently need to replace my combi boiler.
8 years ago, and very new to the house owner game (after leaving the forces) I used a plumber recommended by a neighbour, and blindly went along with his recommendation of a Ravenheat combi boiler.
I must have spent more on repairs in the last 6 years than the cost of a new boiler......
Anyway, back on topic - 3 quotes, all around the same price (within £200)
Baxi Main 30HE - with extra to extend to 5 year warranty
Potterton Gold 28HE
Ideal independent C30 HE + option of 5 year warranty
I want better than my ex Ravenheat, but can't afford top of the range. Can't find much info this ideal model, but saw that they were not to be touched a couple of years ago. Any advice most welcome.

What is your budget for the full replacement?

Whats the budget? Look at the ideal logic+, and not the independent.
The baxi mains are ok. Don't go for the potterton its also a baxi but the rep told me the baxi group offer little or no aftersales support on the potterton.

quotes range from £1200 to £1400, don,t really want to go above £1500

intergas is all i use nowadays, less to go wrong, so no need for sales thro warranty I prefer something thats just reliable, afterall ferrolli give a 7 yr warranty and use use it to the full

I'd go for an ideal logic+, ideal vogue, or a vaillant. Where are you based?

baxi main is the cheapest boiler in your list but is still a good unit. The ideal logic + is not much more but seems to get a lot of good reviews.

This question should have its own section as its always 'the big one'

Price v make and model v warrantee and them all of us on here will tell you what we liketo fit for the 25 plus reasons we like them. Combis are complicated boilers easily fitted and prone to fail for loads of reasons.

I would read carefully the advice of my fellows on here it will all be good to see -

centralheatking as a make has always fitted Vaillant and NOT WORCESTER my opinion

Now read the rest
j
Hi,
8 years ago, and very new to the house owner game (after leaving the forces) I used a plumber recommended by a neighbour, and blindly went along with his recommendation of a Ravenheat combi boiler.
I must have spent more on repairs in the last 6 years than the cost of a new boiler......
Potterton Gold 28HE
I want better than my ex Ravenheat, but can't afford top of the range. Can't find much info this ideal model, but saw that they were not to be touched a couple of years ago. Any advice most welcome.

Different people like different boilers, you will probably get more options on here.

I'd be going with which ever installer you felt the most confident with / came with the best recomendation

This question should have its own section as its always 'the big one'

Price v make and model v warrantee and them all of us on here will tell you what we liketo fit for the 25 plus reasons we like them. Combis are complicated boilers easily fitted and prone to fail for loads of reasons.

I would read carefully the advice of my fellows on here it will all be good to see -

centralheatking as a make has always fitted Vaillant and NOT WORCESTER my opinion

Now read the rest
j
Intergas arnt complicated, they only have 4 moving parts :)

Intergas and Vaillant are premium options, that you would usually expect to pay more, having said that I could fit a Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 for around £1500.

Obviously every installation is different and location also plays a factor. What is your location?

Why not get a quote for a Vaillant and see the difference.

Intergas and Vaillant are premium options, that you would usually expect to pay more, having said that I could fit a Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 for around £1500.

Obviously every installation is different and location also plays a factor. What is your location?

Why not get a quote for a Vaillant and see the difference.
i could do an Intergas for the same

Do not forget the extras which you might well need - PUMP OUT
proper magnetic and non magnetic filter and a reliable chemical
inhibitor - Sentinal are one of the best
Hi,
Potterton Gold 28HE

Do not forget the extras which you might well need - PUMP OUT
proper magnetic and non magnetic filter and a reliable chemical
inhibitor - Sentinal are one of the best

All quotes include chemical flush, and revisit to drain and refill the system.

I would go for the ideal, don't think you can get a five year warranty on the independent though. It is a cheaper ideal logic that local merchants sell. Same boiler but less options. Why not discuss with the installer how much extra for the logic + which has the 5 year warranty.

I've been quoted £1250 for the independent C30HE with a 2 year warranty, and £1350 for a + model which comes with a 5 year warranty. Currently being fitted to council houses.

I would go for the ideal, don't think you can get a five year warranty on the independent though. It is a cheaper ideal logic that local merchants sell. Same boiler but less options. Why not discuss with the installer how much extra for the logic + which has the 5 year warranty.

Its the same warranty basis as the Logic. Ordinary model has 2 yrs warranty, Plus model has 5 years.

Going back to the OP, there are no bad boilers on that list. Sure, we all have our favourites, but the Ideal Independent, Main Eco and Potterton Gold are all tried and tested, honestly priced boilers. Choosing between them is like choosing between a Toyota and a Honda - just a matter of personal preference, and weighing up the warranty.

If I were in the OPs position, I would be going with the installer who inspired most confidence, or better still, came recommended, and not choosing based on the boiler.

OOps - just reread the OP. The Main 30HE is not a band A boiler - its the older Band B. I didn't think they were still making them. Might be a typo on the installers part, but if you go for the Main, you will need either the 30 Eco or the 30 Eco Elite.

Thanks all for the useful information.
I am going with the ideal.
This installer came recommended by a workmate (he had a boiler installed by this chap within the last 4 weeks).
He also has a council contract, so I am fairly happy that his work must to be a reasonable standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 Quotes recommending 3 different boliers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock