Discuss Has any one heard of CombiSave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dave

Why don't your let 2 or 3 engineers on this forum have a free example if they have a combi at their own home. At least then they can give ffed back, and maybe convince the rest of us if it does what it says on the tin.

I like the idea of it and believe it may well work, my points are how long will it work for and is it really worth convincing our customer that its worth the cost.

Bod

Glorified TRV bit of a gimmick easy to get the sums to add up. Decent boilers all have some sort of keep warm facility such as the vaillant aqua comfort. Surely the customer can be told just to ease the tap open for half a minute then turn it up. I think I might start doing that actually save them £150. I hate this gimmicks and the claims that come with them load of nonsense.

I believe it works. Just is the saving worth the instalation cost? I try opening my tap tap slowly, but often forget. And so will the customers I'd rather it was just built into the boiler so as we can forget that we are saving money.

Bod

Hello Dave

Why don't your let 2 or 3 engineers on this forum have a free example if they have a combi at their own home. At least then they can give ffed back, and maybe convince the rest of us if it does what it says on the tin.

I like the idea of it and believe it may well work, my points are how long will it work for and is it really worth convincing our customer that its worth the cost.

Bod
Hi Bodd

Sorry, have only just read your post. OK. i can supply 3 if you can recommend another 2 plumbers. I would like to call and fit them and go through it with you if I,m in the area. Please contact me with your details at www.combisave .com via contacts and I'll get back to you. But I will only be able to give 3 CombiSaves out for evaluations.

Cheers

Dave

I would be interested in one but I'm up in glasgow got a combi install to do will try it on that and give you some feedback

Hi Bodd

Sorry, have only just read your post. OK. i can supply 3 if you can recommend another 2 plumbers. I would like to call and fit them and go through it with you if I,m in the area. Please contact me with your details at www.combisave .com via contacts and I'll get back to you. But I will only be able to give 3 CombiSaves out for evaluations.

Cheers

Dave

Very fair offer Dave,will be interesting to see what users think also reliability ,as said cost the main factor here

if i get one to sample i will time how long hot water takes to get to tap in kitchen, and bathroom then fit combisave and repeat the process and compare the figures, also compare temperatures and let everyone know the results

Last edited:
if i get one to sample i will time how long hot water takes to get to tap in kitchen, and bathroom then fit combisave and repeat the process and compare the figures, also compare temperatures and let everyone know the results

Thanks for the interest, please leave your details at Combisave and I'll gt back to you with a free sample.
Cheers

Dave

Send you details Dave.:driving: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Do you watch Dragons Den and see people inventing gadgets to fix problems that don't exist!
I seem to be missing something, I'm not a heating engineer but I have a combi now, and have had many different combi's in the past so think of me as a customer and I am not convinced!

First of all as a person who has a combi I don't think I have a problem in the first place!
Combis nearly always in the kitchen, a short run of pipework and hot water gets to the tap in fast enough for washing up. I don't have to run the tap for ages.

NEXT, as a customer I know the water the first bit of water will be cold (Aprox room temperature depending) because it is sitting in the pipework.
The demonstration or test I want to see - which makes it simple, is if the pipe was just a few inches long how quickly would it reach temperature?

I could be wrong but from my reading of your study it seemed that combisave made more or less no noticeable difference to the amount of time for the hot water to read my tap, regardless of 15 or 30 degree rise.
I can understand that under certain circumstances the amount of water and gas used could be reduced but this seems too small to be important and I could probably ave that money in some other way.

Also, I think you study is showing that if people with combis just turn on the tap to a low flow initially (for perhaps 30 seconds) they would use less water and save gas by doing the same thing as your gadget but with out buying it.

I hope Mr Combi save comes back to try and convince me.
And do you heating engineers ready think there is a demand for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a fair concept taking out the manual process of open a tap part way and then full way

They guys want to test its functionality first (understandibly) before the go off recommending it

There are so many things we have now a days that 'fix' problems that didnt exist they are just there because we are lazy. Look at your TV remote, nothing faulty with the buttons on the tele but we just could be bothered to go up and press them. sO in short if this does then job and is at the right price then it can be recommended to the right customer. As far as I under stand its not for every combi in every house its the right demand for it

IMHO

I think this product is designed to save water aswell as gas bills, by reducing the amount of water you draw off before you get the hot water and saving water is a big thing these days aswell as emmissions.

If I get the free sample(I have sent my details) then I will install one and let people know the results, I'm going to install it in a house where the kitchen tap is only going to be around 1.5m from boiler at most, and the bathroom tap will be around 5m in total.

i sent my details off to to use at home.

we got a combi with a ridiculous dead leg. boiler in kitchen pipework goes upstairs to bathroom then back down on drops at other side of kitchen. wait for hot water is nearly 30 seconds thats a lot of water wasted. i'd love the opportunity to test this product against its average time saving of 21 seconds. if it works it will save me re-routing the pipework (which i hasten to add i did NOT install, it was in when we bought house) if it works i would be happy to reccomend it.

KJ

Hi. You may be running with your preheat on which means that the boiler is keeping it's self permantly warm. Some Boiler manufacturers have fitted this function due to the problem of the delay of delivering warm water. This function costs you around £75-£150 per annum in gas even when your out. The combisave delivers a similar performance but without the cost.
The low flow rate is 2.5litres per minute is for only around 0-15 seconds, with an average saving of 5-6 litres and around 15 seconds quicker in getting to temperature. The bucket test of a before and after will prove this when one is fitted.
Please wait for the reports from the plumbers/Heating engineers on this Furum.
Cheers

David Furlong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has any one heard of CombiSave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back