Currently reading:
WRAS question

Discuss WRAS question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with quoting for a job.

Customer keeps arguing the toss over a product that they want installing.

They would like a douche installed in close proximity to the toilet ie there is a chance that the hose could end up in the pan. The product that they have purchased recommends an anti syphon valve to prevent backflow contamination. I was not sure about this and asked the question on here the other day and was kindly recommended to contact WRAS accordingly.

I did this and received a very concise response re installing a separate water cistern with the necessary air gaps to ensure that contamination could not occur.

I totally understand what I was sent and I have done my best to explain this to the customer however they cannot understand why it cannot be just installed as per the MIs. I can see both sides of the problem here but I am not keen to install in line with the MIs as this is a landlord property and don't want the Landlord to have any comeback or any subsequent WRAS follow up.

Would i I be better off just binning this job?

Not been sorted as tenant won't pay for the job. I told them it's installed properly by the book or not at all by me. They'll probably get some cowboy in but at least my conscience will be clear

I know I have banged on about this quite enough now so this is my last moan, just to be clear it would not be OK if it wasn't off the mains. Even if the hot & cold to that blending valve were cistern fed but the cistern also served other fitting such as hot & cold taps etc.

The only way it works is if the cistern & hot water system are dedicated & serve only the Category 5 risks.

yea i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WRAS question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back