Currently reading:
TMV with variable tank temperature and recirculation

Discuss TMV with variable tank temperature and recirculation in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

All of my London house plumbing is being redone, with a heatpump heating a DHW tank, and a hot water recirculation system. With the hot water normally at 50-55C in the tank, but occasionally heated to 70C for disinfection, I want to ensure a consistent end user experience, so thinking of installing a central thermostatic mixing valve to keep hot water temperature at all end points at, say, 50C. But then I also have recirculation... How does the TMV fit there? Besides, I would need to disinfect all the pipes with 70C, right? Suppose I choose a brief period in the middle of the night for this.. But how does it coexist with the TMV? Any standard solution/best practice/recommendation? Should add that I am aiming for high water flows (over 50l/min), so all piping is in 28mm...

You can’t as that’s a unsafe practice eg installing a tmv3 at the cylinder location high risk of bacteria growth

Reply to TMV with variable tank temperature and recirculation in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back