Currently reading:
think priced wrong

Discuss think priced wrong in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonto33

was asked today to quote to install bathroom suite, basin, toilet and complete shower
customer said that they was gonna buy the suite, i just got install it,
quoted £125 is that a fair price as he asked is that the best i can do
[h=1][/h]

Didn't realize :santa1: was still around , you ain't never be a successful business at those prices I was charging 200 years back when I was doing em as a pj. You ain't making nothing once you've bought materials

What about all your running costs, - van (fuel, depreciation, servicing, parts, tax, insurance, etc)
your insurance, tools cost, days off (holidays) etc?
£125 PER DAY is just about okay if no other expenses are on you & remember if you do a 40 week year, you then need to divide that amount by 52 to see what you actually get per week.

If they accept (they will) then will be a hard but needed lesson learned!

pretty much all of us have done it.

quite often it only takes one time to learn for good!

It really is a lot of work, frankly for £125!

Maybe irrelevant, but even if the customer has a lowish paid job, he probably will earn more than that & perhaps with benefits (pensions & other perks etc) & no work expenses. Something to consider if you find yourself feeling sorry for a customer & underpricing.

went in cheap as he has family bathroom, en suite, and shower room downstairs the quote was just for shower room as he said rest need doing aswell in two months time, looks like need to charge min £300

Think we've all heard the " if the price is right I've got loads of other stuff needs doing and my brother etc needs a heating system" line once or twice don't be a fool to yourself

he retired lawyer from london, so not short of few bob as he was then showing me his indoor swimming pool and his bayliner moored at bottom of his garden after i quoted him

Before he accepts it i would get in contact and explain your mistake and its actually x amount.

did you give a written or just verbal quote?

he retired lawyer from london, so not short of few bob as he was then showing me his indoor swimming pool and his bayliner moored at bottom of his garden after i quoted him

Greedy man as he had the cheek to ask you could you do it for less!
Typical of these professionals, - a working class bloke might have actually said you were very cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to think priced wrong in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock