Currently reading:
Shower not getting hot

Discuss Shower not getting hot in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm a fairly regular on the electricians forum but know nothing! about plumbing.

Basically all other taps get hot but the shower is luke warm. It's not mine but belongs to a little old lady. She had it replaced lately and I don't have the heart to tell her its not fixed. It's a bar-type shower.
It's not an electric shower.

There have been various problems but I think it might have been like this since she had a new boiler put in but I'm not sure.

Please can anyone give any advice or recommend a good and honest plumber in Surrey. Like I said on ectriciansforums.net I assume a good plumber could figure out the problem in minutes.

If I took it of the wall and sorry if this is stupid to you guys I would have a cold and a hot pipe is that correct?
and If I turned the water on the hot should be coming out boiling hot is that correct? and I could also check the pressure?

Last edited:
Maybe, without taking if off the wall, isolate the cold water then turn on the shower, you should get hot water until it reaches the shower set temperature of ~ 35/40c, then the flow of water should stop completely. (assuming a thermostatic shower).

Reply to Shower not getting hot in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Back