Currently reading:
Replacing siamp skipper 45

Discuss Replacing siamp skipper 45 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fairly certain the fault lies with the valve seat letting bye as replaced washer and still leaking in to pan. Cistern is siliconed to wall but have resogned myself to taking the whole thing off. Interested to know what flush valves (drop not syphon) you guys would recommend. I have seen fluidmaster mentioned several times on other threads refering to replacing siamp valves are there any other candidates for the quality drop flush valve title. Still dont undersyand why we ever stopped using syphons they are far superior.

just a long shot, can you leave the cistern in situ and obviously the drop valve carrier(bit at the bottom) and replace the drop valve) I think you can still get them.
Alternative drop valve I carry in the van is the fluid master

just a long shot, can you leave the cistern in situ and obviously the drop valve carrier(bit at the bottom) and replace the drop valve) I think you can still get them.
Alternative drop valve I carry in the van is the fluid master
I replaced the drop valve seal but I think its actually leaking around the valve seat seals to the ceramic cistern as it spins with moderate resistance. But thanks for the additional vote for the fluidmaster.

yep cant remember which model it is , its pro or something, and comes with the important 2 seals to fit allegedly all cisterns LOL

My mate had a joblot of Viva toilet spares. Fill valves, drop valves, CC kits etc. Was really impressed with them. Never found a cistern they wouldn't fit in and had all the new washers bolts you could want.
The drop valves came with both 1 1/2 and 2" cradles and two different shrouds for the push button.

Still got a few drop valves in the garage, will have to find some more soon.....

My mate had a joblot of Viva toilet spares. Fill valves, drop valves, CC kits etc. Was really impressed with them. Never found a cistern they wouldn't fit in and had all the new washers bolts you could want.
The drop valves came with both 1 1/2 and 2" cradles and two different shrouds for the push button.

Still got a few drop valves in the garage, will have to find some more soon.....
Used 100s of vivas worming for BG, never any real problems with them tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing siamp skipper 45 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock