Currently reading:
Recommendation on Vailant combi model and a few other items.

Discuss Recommendation on Vailant combi model and a few other items. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Ziad

Seasons Greetings to all.......please can you give me you're expert opinion of brands and models etc for my following requirement (will be doing a complete replacement of my 20year existing boiler/CH system in Jan)

1) Which Vailant combi model would be suitable for a 2 bed medium sized ground floor flat, 2 sinks, 1 x towel rad, 4 x double thickness rads (shower is electric). Its a poorly insulated flat with cavity walls (and marble flooring throughout)...so good CH is a main priority.
2) Radiators & TRVs - which quality brands/model would you recommend - am going for double thickness rads rather than a single long run in each room.
3) Room Thermostat - ideally would want a wireless one
4) Do i need a gas pipe upgrade? - the existing Valiant combi has been there for approx 20years and the main gas inlet into the flat is approx 2 - 3 metres away from the boiler. Do the new boilers need a larger (diameter) gas pipe feed? If so, what mm pipe?
5) Boiler Filter - would like a filter that has both mechanical and magnetic filtering ability.
6) Live in a very hard water area (in west london) - what type of water softner product would you recommend to be fitted to the incoming cold mains? Preferably a low maintenance one.
7) Is it advisable to powerflush the existing system prior to dismantling & replacing it so as to get all the crud out of the pipework?

Im just doing this a my own little research before i go out for quotes. Many thanks in advance of all advice.

1) if you don't have a bath or shower a 24kw might do.

2) I use stelrad rads and Honeywell trvs ( rads need sizing by your engineer)

3) Honeywell room stat, I would advise wired over wireless if you can

4) gas pipe upgrade, don't know as not on site, needs to be done by engineers on site

5) I use magnaclean pro 2s

6) combi mate,

7) it's more than advisable it's essential, cleaner could be put in a week before then a hot power flush done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommendation on Vailant combi model and a few other items. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock