Currently reading:
Pump control to thermostat wiring

Discuss Pump control to thermostat wiring in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Installing single zone ufl with Grundfos pump/mixing valve and heatmiser thermostat - not crystal clear from the diagrams how the control connection to LR/LS should be wired (i.e. red on the pump control diagram)

Any advice much appreciated!

ufl thermostat.jpg

Looking at the instructions, if you’re replacing a radiator, the ufh is controlled via a trv, not a room stat. The other option mentions a zone valve (motor valve).

Attachments

• 3A6DA4E3-198E-4C5E-AC48-812D60926E9E.jpeg
    3A6DA4E3-198E-4C5E-AC48-812D60926E9E.jpeg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi jbatexning
If you are just asking about the connections between the stat and the supplied junction box:
(obviously you provide wiring from the fused spur as illustrated bottom right, and then:)
Blue (N) to stat terminal (N) !
Black (L) to stat terminal (L) and link to stat terminal (A2)
Red (SL) to stat terminal (A1)
Grn/yel (E) insulate safely at stat, unless there is a E terminal in the stat, in which case connect it there!

If you buy 3 core plus earth cable to connect the stat, it will likely be: Brown, Grey, Black & bare copper (in cable), or green/yellow (flex)
In which case typical use of these colours is
Brown - permanent live
Black - switched live (put a brown sleeve on it)
Grey - neutral (put a blue sleeve on it)
green/yel - earth of course.

ChrisB1982 - It is option 2 that I am installing (own pump, blending valve, and room stat)

Basher – it was the A1 and A2 connections I was unsure about, and understand now :
live link L to A2, and red LS to A1

Many thanks for your help!

Reply to Pump control to thermostat wiring in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back