Currently reading:
Please Help! NO Hot Water With Ideal Logic 15 Combi Boiler

Discuss Please Help! NO Hot Water With Ideal Logic 15 Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammygirl1

A short while ago my heating stopped working. The engineer came out twice and said that some type of connection was not being made between some box upstairs (that only has a green or red light on it) and the temperature gauge downstairs in the hallway. He said that this meant something wasn't talking to the boiler.. sorry guys, I know, I'm not at all technical. He replaced the temperature gauge for a new one and the heating worked again. Now about 3mths later have no hot water. Both red a green lights are on, red is flashing. Was showing FD error on boiler (flashing between both but now shows c after resetting.

Please help. Any suggestions?

as you have done before please call a gas safe engineer out

Does not sound like the same fault as before, that sounded like a wireless room thermoset problem.

Is the pressure okay on the boiler?

How can I check the pressure on the boiler please? My hot water tap in the bath is not running at it's usual speed. Not sure if this is at all connected.

Yes, the first problem I had was a wireless room thermostat problem, you are right. Thought this may be related too. Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.

Hi Shaun, thanks for your reply. I am with Homesafe and they want £50 excess each time they come out. Only had them out a couple of months ago so thought I would see if it was something straightforward before I fork out another £50.

Are you sure it's a combi? 15 combi sounds odd... Do you have a separate hot water tank?

If it was a sealed system there would be a pressure gauge tucked below the boiler on the left or a separate one maybe in the airing cupboard?

If its a 15 regular heat only boiler then it may be tank fed & not have a pressure gauge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please Help! NO Hot Water With Ideal Logic 15 Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back