Currently reading:
paint for copper pipes

Discuss paint for copper pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a paint or spray that I can use on copper pipes? I would like to paint copper pipe on radiator (the bit that sticks upwards with the white cap on top) white. is this possible?Many thanks!

Do you mean the trv ? If yes it's not a very good idea to pain that as it moves

You can paint the white pointy cap (lockshield)

sorry - it's the little copper pipe?
I have heard it can be painted to match the radiator.....
Not painting the caps or anything just thinking about the copper pipe

is there a paint or spray that I can use on copper pipes? I would like to paint copper pipe on radiator (the bit that sticks upwards with the white cap on top) white. is this possible?Many thanks!

Consider using snap-on pipe covers instead of messing around with paint. Just replace them each time you redecorate to keep them looking smart.

RADSNAPS Radiator Pipe Cover - White - Pipe | BES.co.uk

sorry - it's the little copper pipe?
I have heard it can be painted to match the radiator...
Not painting the caps or anything just thinking about the copper pipe

Yes your fine painting just the pipes

I would say duluxe or emulsion would be fine

On copper you should really use an etching primer first , you may find a small tin at B+Q. However most people just paint them with whatever is in the garage .

My wifes pal paints radiators with emulsion no primer , just paints them , never seen paint crack , craze, chip , etc they still look ok lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to paint for copper pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back