Currently reading:
No heating or hot water

Discuss No heating or hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
Fault finding on boilers has never really been something I’ve done much off.. pretty much always done installs so looking for advice.
It’s an old Vokera , can’t remember the model, it’s about 8 years old and non condensing.
Was working find earlier now absolutely no response to hot water or heating demand, there is power to it.
I’m thinking maybe an issue with the pump but all advice welcomed.
Cheers

What’s it doing ? Nothing ? If so undo the pump bleed screw and give it a spin (the pump spindle) if it fires it’s your pump

What’s it doing ? Nothing ? If so undo the pump bleed screw and give it a spin (the pump spindle) if it fires it’s your pump
I was just leaving the house when I notice it, but I did do that quickly and it was turning freely.
[automerge]1571339079[/automerge]
Combi or central heating boiler mate. A model would help a treat if you can remember.
That’s me just back in the house , it’s a Compact 28 SE

No mate. They only say that you have some power there and not how much. You need a multimeter if I’m honest.
Aye a thought so mate.. I’ll have to pick a set up and have a look again tomorrow night.
[automerge]1571342967[/automerge]
No mate. They only say that you have some power there and not how much. You need a multimeter if I’m honest.
Update ! Got it working, played about with the wiring and that seems to have done the job.

Last edited:

Reply to No heating or hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock