Currently reading:
New Main Service Pipe , what to use ?

Discuss New Main Service Pipe , what to use ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodyflyer

Hi all
have to fit a new main service pipe into my daughter house before they can move in as the old steel pipe is leaking below the stopcock and the house is on shared mains

Fitting a new 25mm MDPE pipe but have a couple of questions to comply with Severn Trents guide notes ?

1/ Service pipe passes under a foul sewer for any reason it must be ducted
(covered in a protective sheath) for a metre either side.

What can I use as a , covered in protective sheath ? does it have to be sealed both ends ?

2/ When the pipe comes into the building it has to be laid in a duct and insulated and sealed

Again, whats do I use ? was thinking of a long radius soil pipe bend and unsure what to use to seal the pipe ? end cap ?

Thanks for Any Help

Jon

We usually use soil pipe with 45 degree bends into a building. Service pipe under a sewer i would use soil pipe again .. It would be the contamination issue with regards to 1 metre either side.

use blue twinwall or smooth ducting. the entire run if possible, put in pipe, slide down lagging, seal the end with sand and cement or suitable expanding foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Main Service Pipe , what to use ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back