Currently reading:
How to fit McAlpine ARB-1 anti rodent valve?

Discuss How to fit McAlpine ARB-1 anti rodent valve? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to fit an anti-rodent valve ARB-1 to a MacFit MAC-1 WC pan connector. Instructions for the valve say"remove ..... ribbed seal" from WC connector and discard. But as far as I can see the seal is bonded to the WC connector and is not removable. Would be grateful for advice if someone has fitted this valve before.

Need to change the pan connector for a mcalpine con x (to suit your setup eg con 1 for a short straight)

Alternatively the polypipe version sk40.

I stopped using mcalpine for a lot of my pan connectors when they stopped doing removable rubbers
McAlpine have now told me that the ARB-1 fits their flexible and rigid WC connectors but not the MacFit range. I assume this means that the WC connectors (except MacFit) have removeable seals. McAlpine's advice on fitting the ARB-1 in their catalogue is not clear. It should say that the MacFit is not suitable. I will check a WC CON1 today and if not suitable, I will find an sk40. Thanks again for your helpful response.

Reply to How to fit McAlpine ARB-1 anti rodent valve? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back