Currently reading:
House pressure reducing valve cold water hammer

Discuss House pressure reducing valve cold water hammer in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Having issues with water hammer, I have a megaflo with balanced hot / cold using a heat stadia 3 bar prv, this seems ok as getting 3 bar at taps with test gauge, the outside tap is between the house incoming stop valve and the 3 bar PRV and that is showing just over 4.5 bar. If I switch a hot tap on/off quickly then no hammer if I do same with cold get a thud, I assume the hot is arrested by the megaflow internal baffle. Watching the test gauge on outside tap it will jump to +6 bar from about 4.5bar when a cold tap is switch off quickly and not move off 4.5bar when same is done to hot.

So how do I resolve this? some sort of expansion on cold side but where before or after the 3 bar prv?

Reply to House pressure reducing valve cold water hammer in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock