Currently reading:
Heatpump Hot on Gas Side But Cold On Wet Side?

Discuss Heatpump Hot on Gas Side But Cold On Wet Side? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Mitsubishi Ecodan 2011 8.5kw

Hy Guys, I have just installed a second hand ecodan, all seemed to be going well until i noticed that the flow temp doesn't increase much, infact 2 degrees in 40 mins, then the pump shut off with a over temperature warning on the gas side.

I have it piped up to a 300l grant solar cylinder (Indirect).

On first glance I thought it was no circulation but I defiantly have circulation, spent hours making sure.

Inside the ecodan, the gas to the plate exchange pipe gets red hot, the return at the bottom stays cold.

I am using a ftc2. it configured for dhw only at the moment. I have a 5kw ecodan that works perfectly on the same setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

The solar coil doesn’t have enough surface area you need a min of around 3m2 also have you used 28mm piping and a buffer ?

The solar coil doesn’t have enough surface area you need a min of around 3m2 also have you used 28mm piping and a buffer ?
No buffer, I am going to use one eventually but just wanted to test the heat pump as I have 15 days left on my buyer protection. I used 22mm Pipe.

What temp is it set to 35 c ?

Roughly how much 22mm do you have ?

But if the pipework is restricting the heat pump it just won’t heat / only heat up it’s self and cycle a heat pump needs 4 times the amount of flow than a normal boiler does, can you rig it up temp into a container to see if it flows and runs etc ?

Reply to Heatpump Hot on Gas Side But Cold On Wet Side? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back