Discuss heating quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

abelag

Gas Engineer
hi everyone , this is my first ever post i just got an email from a company called heating - quotes promising to pass on leads for installing central heating systems, i was wondering if any of you guys had any dealings with them or are they just another scam ? this is the link to their website http://www.heating-quotes.co.uk . cheers

Are you an installer or looking for a CH system?Because that looks like a company that contacts installers to go give a price on the job.They are normally against 3/4 other installers with the price.The company i spoke to send you a job contact number and charge you for the contact if you get the job or not.

hi fabio thanks for replying, yes i am an installer . it sound very similar to rated people, somebody else trying to make money for doing very little lol

If you do go with any of them i would suggest Quotatis there is no initial set up fee and you can cap how many quotes they sent you.Other company's wanted £50 set up fee!! Then they wouldn't put a cap on the number of leads they sent you.I met these guys at installer live and they seemed ok.Let me know how you go if you try it?Cheers

i'll look into it further i might give them a call see if i can get some more info, i,ll let you know if i think they'r any good. i might give quotatis a go too. cheers

Keep clear, advertise yourself in your own right, either in yellow pages or local rag. Gas work is hard to come by, look after your customers and eventually you won't have to advertise, good luck. Jon

Hi, I am the operator of Heating Quotes. I agree with most of the posts here. Word of mouth is better than any other form of advertising. However I charge £5.00 per lead and I find this reasonable. I telephone every custome before I send out their details to ensure the quality. The 'local rag' would charge £50 easily for an advert with no guarantee of any enquiries. With me you get 10 confirmed leads. And as one of the other posts states, I don't send out huge amounts of leads because I throw more out than I send. Also in my advice section of the website I state clearly that the first place to get a quote is from a company that is local and carrying a good reputation. Take some advice . I would dispute that I am just another company trying to make money for doing very little. I work full time and offer a service which benefits many heating engineers. And I don't take a set up fee. Any comments are welcome. Regards, Sandy.

I'm personally sick to death with company's contacting me offering to send me leads for a "fixed fee". Honestly, How many of these companies are there?!?

Well I understand your position. But I would be genuinely happy to help you get business. If you are successfull enough you wouldn't need my service anyway which is the right place to be. On the other hand some companies have more difficulty in keeping a full diary and my service can be switched on and off when required. So it may not be for you and I understand thaere are many companies doing similar marketing plans, but I have been doing this for 7 years and mostly everyone wins. You should try it.

You can never have too much work! Problem is I have tried a few of these companies in the past and the leads are either poor quality (as in you buy them then, it's a case of "oh I was just looking for a rough price") that too me is a waste of time and money. Only company i've ever had decent leads from is Ratedpeople. And boiler guide- I personally would not go near them! THERE LEADS ARE LIKE WATER - PURE P^%S :0) IMO

Again, I agree with mithchellplumber. I used to sell central heating here in Scotland and to be honest I hated the quote chasers. Could not be bothered with someone who was thinking about buying a house or wanted to know how much the neighbours had just paid for theirs. Hence the way I do my confirmation of the lead. Most other companies simply get the details and fire it straight out without even checking the phone number is correct!!! I have had many leads where that basic detail is wrong and I don't therefore send the lead. Additionally I don't ever phone a lead back if I leave an answer fone message. If the won't phone me back, they wont fone you. For the other post, you'll find the answer on another part of the thread. Its £5.00 per lead. You'll get very few!!!

Again, I agree with mithchellplumber. I used to sell central heating here in Scotland and to be honest I hated the quote chasers. Could not be bothered with someone who was thinking about buying a house or wanted to know how much the neighbours had just paid for theirs. Hence the way I do my confirmation of the lead. Most other companies simply get the details and fire it straight out without even checking the phone number is correct!!! I have had many leads where that basic detail is wrong and I don't therefore send the lead. Additionally I don't ever phone a lead back if I leave an answer fone message. If the won't phone me back, they wont fone you. For the other post, you'll find the answer on another part of the thread. Its £5.00 per lead. You'll get very few!!!
How about you give me a 3 lead trial... if the first 3 leads are good quality, whever I win the job or not the 4th lead I will pay £20 and then £5 for every lead thereafter. Personally, if the leads are good quality they are worth more than £5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back