Currently reading:
Gas bottle regulator?

Discuss Gas bottle regulator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Cat

Hi folks,

I recently removed a gas cooker from my grilfriends flat she has just sold (obviously 'mains gas'), and we have brought it back to our caravan running on a propane bottle. It works fine once it's heated up, but initially when you fire up the oven the flames roar particularly high and create a funny burning smell presumably due to the heat rushing up the back 'venty bit', excuse the technical terminology. given that it was probably designed for mains gas is there a different regulator I can fit to my propane bottle or something to make it work better. The hobs on top also roar a bit extremely when on 'high', but 'low' setting is ok.

The knack to the oven is to turn it to gas mark 1 until the flames die down when it reaches said heat, and then slowly work it up to the temperature required, not ideal really! Preliminary research has led me to believe the cooker might need new bits and to 'contact the supplier' but can anyone tell me if some kind of regulator at the gas bottle or something would do it? (not to say I don't have a regulator haha, it's just a typical propane one...)

Any help or advice very much appreciated!
Cheers folks

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh turn it off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are going to hurt yourselves very badly, a cooker set up for natural gas can not be used for lpg ever.GET IN AN ENGINEER TO CHANGE YOUR INJECTORS AND SET THE COOKER UP FOR LPG, IF IT CAN BE DONE (SOME CANNT)

DO NOT USE IT AT ALL UNTIL IT IS SET UP SAFETLY

REMEMBER ANIMALS AND EXPLOSIONS DONT MIX AND ITS ALWAYS THE DEAD CAT THE FIREMAN BRING OUT LAST!

Last edited by a moderator:
As old plumber says,do not use and disconnect,as very dangerous

Get a qualified LPG plumber in to see if can be converted
:(:(

Ok! Will do. Good job I didn't give away the old cooker yet!

Thanks very much folks!

Mental note: Never use mains gas cookers on bottles.

Cheers again,
Mr Cat

Thanks very much folks!

Cheers again,
Mr Cat

Mental note to yourself YOUR NOT ALLOWED to touch anything gas if your not qualified and gas safe registered it's illegal

Dont want to ramble on as I think you have got the message, but I will as you probably dont realise how dangerous a situation you created. Incorrect combustion on a flueless appliance in a confined space, very very dangerous. Get a registered LPG engineer and dont even think about playing around with the regulator.

Dont want to ramble on as I think you have got the message, but I will as you probably dont realise how dangerous a situation you created. Incorrect combustion on a flueless appliance in a confined space, very very dangerous. Get a registered LPG engineer and dont even think about playing around with the regulator.

IF this is a real post, and given what you have did by connecting mains cooker to LPG i think you should consider sending a NG qualified gas guy to the original flat to check you havent messed up there as well

well, out of all the posts coming through this forum, i think i can clearly confirm that a life may have been saved here, or at least the caravan and cat!!!!!!!.

Thanks very much folks!

Cheers again,
Mr Cat

I think you understand what could of happened, from the posts responding on this thread. Absolutely shocking. Please can I appeal to you, leave any gas work to a professional competent Gas Safe Registered person. You could have easily poisoned someone, burnt the caravan down or blown it to bits or all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas bottle regulator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock