Currently reading:
Flushing radiators

Discuss Flushing radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ziggy

Hi folks,

I have all radiators (standard steel, single convector, single panel type) off my system at the moment as I am replacing all of the TRV's and want to take the opportunity of manually flushing the sludge out of the radiators in the back garden.

All radiators connect via the bottom 2 ports, with top ports being a blank and a bleed valve.

I've heared of "reverse flushing" ... any advice on best way to flush them out? Do I just connect a hose against one of the bottom ports and flush until water comes clear out of the other bottom port and then do the same the opposite way around or do I need to take the blank or bleed valve off the top ports and do it another way?

Just not sure how water travels through the internals of the radiator i.e. is there is a straight channel between the bottom two ports or does water travel from left bottom port through a series of "n" shaped bends until it reaches the right bottom port?

Just want to make sure I get it totally clean so any advice appreciated.

Regards

Ziggy

Reverse flushing is done with a powerflushing machine.

Take your radiators outside into the garden and run a hosepipe through them- -in one hole aned out the other. Part fill them then slosh about, hit them all over with a rubber mallet near the bottoms to loosen any deposits, shake them about, turn them over etc. Continue and rinse until water comes clean. The sludge tends to sit in a heap at the bottom of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flushing radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock