Currently reading:
External combi filter questions

Discuss External combi filter questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

My mum had a Worcester green Star 4000 fitted on one of those eco grants.

A external filter wasn't fitted. Should this have been fitted or is it deemed a good to have item so not under any regulations?

Thanks

It’s recommended to have one but more importantly was a central heating flush / clean carried out ?

Fitting a filter has always been advised as 'best practice' and my understanding is that it became part of Part L Building Regulations last summer and was a requirement. Might be best talking to the boiler manufacturer just to check they will honour the warranty etc without a filter being installed.

From the 4000 installation manual, a bit long winded but they say if you don't follow guidelines it could 'invalidate the guarantee' and that a filter is 'recommended'.
I think it covers them for turning up and if the system isn't clean and has caused the failure they can refuse repair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 8

Reply to External combi filter questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back