Currently reading:
Bristan recessed shower too stiff

Discuss Bristan recessed shower too stiff in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Margaret

I have a Bristan recessed valve shower. It was installed 11 years ago - but hardly used as the handles are far too stiff. I have now had the cartridge replaced - but no improvement. I have been speaking to a plumber who suggested it may be as well to replace the shower [which I am prepared to do]. The original shower is obsolete - but there is a ‘direct replacement’. The plumber is not prepared to take the job on. Is this a particularly ‘tricky’ job? I would very much appreciate you advise on the best way forward as it is frustrating to have shower that cannot be used. Thank you.

With a new cartridge fitted, I find it odd that it’s still stiff.

This leads me to believe that it wasn’t the cartridge causing stiffness but rather the way it’s installed.

The handle/knobs could be set slightly too far back causing rubbing on the cover plate/spindle covers.

I would test the handles for stiffness with the plate/covers removed before deciding what to do.

There may/may not be some adjustment if this is the real issue.

Reply to Bristan recessed shower too stiff in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back