Boiler losing pressure only on central heating

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks, although they could be hidden. Is it possible it could be the boiler, even though I see no water leaks?

Expansion issue so needs a gas safe engy to fix as the prv will need to be changed

Expansion issue so needs a gas safe engy to fix as the prv will need to be changed
Hi. I was hoping it would be something along those lines rather than a leak. With it only being when I used the heating I was convinced it was a pipe leak and currently see not water anywhere. Was worried it was hidden somewhere. Would I expect to see water coming from the over flow in this case or not? Thank you...

Hi. I was hoping it would be something along those lines rather than a leak. With it only being when I used the heating I was convinced it was a pipe leak and currently see not water anywhere. Was worried it was hidden somewhere. Would I expect to see water coming from the over flow in this case or not? Thank you...

Maybe but only when the system is fully hot

Also, the pressure increases to 3 during the heating cycle. It did then come down again.

Which probably would the prv letting some out or it cooling down

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock