Currently reading:
Advice on manhole sealing grease

Discuss Advice on manhole sealing grease in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil_R

I live in a small block of flats with a manhole cover in the hallway which occasionally stinks the hallway out. It's been replaced with a sealed manhole cover not long ago but it still stinks.

I've found manhole sealing grease from a company in Kent but I was wondering whether I could use any sort of grease for this sort of problem.

If anyone's got any other ideas as to how the smell might be coming out of the sewers I'd be glad to hear also. The landlord doesn't seem to be very pro-active on the matter.

Thanks

Phil

Any grease will do, but it should not be your responsibility. The sewer run should be properly vented and if it is I rarely find smell even from ungreased manhole.
Depending on area, Building Control might help. Tell them your fellow tenants are considering sealing with silicone and you are concerned this might cause explosion due to build up of gases, if confirmed in writing they are unlikely to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on manhole sealing grease in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock