Currently reading:
Advice needed on tankless water heaters

Discuss Advice needed on tankless water heaters in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
At the moment I am living in misery and need some help/advice. This is my story:
Both the elements in my hot water cylinder has died, they`ve been replaced several times over the years but unfortunately the last time this was done the "plumber" cracked the seal and I been told no reputable plumber will replace the elements as you can clearly see the limescale on the outside ( i don't know if this is true).
So apart from my electric shower, I have no running hot water.
It`s just me in my flat so I am managing. - just.
I've been looking into an alternative water heating system rather than the economy 7 I have, ( I found I was constantly using backup heaters as well as the storage heaters I had in place So I stopped using them.).
I found a company that charged a £70, non-refunable deposit, to give an estimate, one of my neighbours replaced his and recommended his company, but he has a huge tank, bigger than the one he replaced, and I wasn't keen.

Is there anything anyone can recommend for instant water on demand system? I know it's going to be a huge undertaking which I am prepared for, I just need pointing in the right direction

I appreciate any advice I can get.
Many many thanks in advance
Sandra

Depends on your needs and layout of flat...but...

If it’s just one person, you could have a 15litre unvented cylinder under the kitchen sink which could provide hot water for that sink and a nearby basin.

Then an electric shower and you are all sorted.

I have three customers who live very happily with this arrangement.

Reply to Advice needed on tankless water heaters in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back