Currently reading:
Vitodens 222-F feedback

Discuss Vitodens 222-F feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

Greetings attached (Appoligies cant post urls )below is the combi gas condensing boiler that our installer has recommended to me. im after any thoughts and guidance as coming from australia to germany central heating units are not something im overly familiar with.

the unit will be servicing a 3 floor house each floor approx 100sqm per floor with approx 18-20 rads.
units is 26kW version
unit will be located in roof with is an open floor plan living apartment.

my main concerns are is the unit at 26kw too small
is there a cost benifit in having hot water storage and boiler\burner as one or is it just spending $ for the sake of a little bling as i hev to build a service room for it anyways so messy plumbing isnt really an issue
and how economical are condensing units compared to other gas boilers.

viessmann vitodens_222-f

thankyou in advance ... i would as the plumbing but he speaks little english and i less german and folks here have no conflict of interest

Where`s Matchless,plumb when you want him!

Hi Mr Wilson.

Without calculating the heatloss of the property, (not something easily done on the internet) its hard to say if its big enough.

It is certainly a good model from a good maker - not huge in Britain, but well thought of. I understand they are very popular in Germany.

All new domestic boilers are condensing now, in both Britain and Germany, so you don't have much choice in the matter. They are more efficient, although sometimes not as robust as their old cast-iron predecessors.

fantastic. rpm mentioned you a couple of times now being the authority on german heating. I dont actually speak german being from australia but my wifes is but she dosent make a good translator.
im really just doing my research in regards to a full heating install ( both central heating and bathrooms ) thats going to get started as i renovate our house room by room. its a big ole DDR hof and as mentioned above its 3 floors each about 100-120 sqm with the top being an open plan attic lofty apartment.
i got me a installer and have even got a quote from him which came to approx 15000Euro thats all parts and labor. im thinking its a bit pricy so i was planning to do all the Heizkörper and plumbing to and from and all chasing myself as ive got most of the Heizkörper for free and ive done plenty of pipe work on previous house build back in australia. that means i just pay him to do gas side of things and mains connect.

im close to poland czech borders so i do alot of Baumarkt shopping there as its 1/3 of the price so copper ect is way cheaper for me to get there than of the quote.

its gettin a bit late now but tomorrow ill upload our house floor plan and pipe layout and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

cheers mate ...

matchless you dont happen to live close to dresden do ya happy to throw work your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Wilson, wouldn`t be THE Kevin bl**dy Wilson would you from Oz ? lol

I usually run away when the customer says he'll do this & that part of the job!

I usually run away when the customer says he'll do this & that part of the job!

fair enough i understand this response working with customers can end up fixing up there cock ups and create more headaches educating them free of charge how to do it ect and if you got plenty of work why bother ... unfortunately not everybody has unlimited resources to just throw at tradies especially when and lets be honest its not exactly rocket science at least for what im looking to do.

i think too there are folk like myself that generally like doing building reno stuff like this and if it ever goes wrong in the future one know how and where its all going and can easily deduce issue and fix them.

there was a time when we could trade goats for skilled labor

Unfortunately you'll end up getting what you paid for, some sort of compromise that will give you issues going forward. You really are better off paying a pro to do the complete job. That's the advice I would give family & friends.

cheers mate i think its sound advice and if you were my one of my family members be sure you would have been my first phone call and for a slab o beer id get me a heating system but sadly all got is a is a bit of savings and a handfull of savey skills and its gonna have to be enough ... appreciate the heads up though... im actually thinking about creating a new thread posting the total build process stage by stage ... cheers

fantastic. rpm mentioned you a couple of times now being the authority on german heating. I dont actually speak german being from australia but my wifes is but she dosent make a good translator.
im really just doing my research in regards to a full heating install ( both central heating and bathrooms ) thats going to get started as i renovate our house room by room. its a big ole DDR hof and as mentioned above its 3 floors each about 100-120 sqm with the top being an open plan attic lofty apartment.
i got me a installer and have even got a quote from him which came to approx 15000Euro thats all parts and labor. im thinking its a bit pricy so i was planning to do all the Heizkörper and plumbing to and from and all chasing myself as ive got most of the Heizkörper for free and ive done plenty of pipe work on previous house build back in australia. that means i just pay him to do gas side of things and mains connect.

im close to poland czech borders so i do alot of Baumarkt shopping there as its 1/3 of the price so copper ect is way cheaper for me to get there than of the quote.

its gettin a bit late now but tomorrow ill upload our house floor plan and pipe layout and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

cheers mate ...

matchless you dont happen to live close to dresden do ya happy to throw work your way.

I come from Berlin so not as close to Dresden :) ... Baumarkt shopping hat Mir gut gefallen :) ...

I mean that's true what those engineers are saying ... Everybody things they can put a radiator in .. Once it's drained and filled back up then they start struggling as the rads doesn't Heath up ...
It's just an example ...

What they mean is you get professional installers who know their trades ... They will provide you with warranty on the installation as well as the systems will be correct installed.

Why would you like to be stingy about paying for quality. It's wrong in my opinion. I'd rather have no headache afterwards, and it has nothing to do with rocket science ....:)

But you can't compare such a system with trading goats for skilled labour

I come from Berlin so not as close to Dresden :) ... Baumarkt shopping hat Mir gut gefallen :) ...

I mean that's true what those engineers are saying ... Everybody things they can put a radiator in .. Once it's drained and filled back up then they start struggling as the rads doesn't Heath up ...
It's just an example ...

What they mean is you get professional installers who know their trades ... They will provide you with warranty on the installation as well as the systems will be correct installed.

Why would you like to be stingy about paying for quality. It's wrong in my opinion. I'd rather have no headache afterwards, and it has nothing to do with rocket science ....:)

But you can't compare such a system with trading goats for skilled labour

hea there matchless ...goats for labor more in reference to a past time when communities bartering for goods and services was the norm and not capitalism and the mighty dept based society that we now live in and not that plumbing services are equal to a few goats...

im all about quality learned this being married to a german but there is wisdom in educating oneself in regards to available products and what ones needs.

mabye ive come to the wrong forum it seems all advice assumes unless the poster has a license ticket there a complete fool and shouldn't bother attempting to do anything themselves lest they flood the house and im sure such advice has prevented those who should not be attempting such things but i think on forums like this there should be at least the benefit of the doubt that the poster is competent enough to give it a go or confident enough to take the risk and suffer the consequences.

for eq on my last build i paid over $1000 to a licensed plumber to do a bit of work and was horrified at how messy his solders were and general work was so i decided to plumb the rest of the whole house myself and have to say my work was far cleaner and organized than his was and although it perhaps took me more time than he i was was far more pleased with the outcome and enjoyed the learning process. just because someone got a ticket dosent assure that the work will be satisfactory.

because i dont know any plumbers in the area im having to blindly trust someone i dont know and there for im going to educate myself as best as i can and do as much as im comfortable with as this to me will be what prevents " headaches" down the line.

i understand that for some it may seem like do it yaselfers are robbing work from tradies as someone brought up in a recent thread but im not planning on aquiring skills to start myown diy backyard buisness.

but all that said i do appreciate the advice and truly do enjoy reading threw the forums.

Hi, you say you have an installer so can you sit down and talk about what and where you can do your bit? Trust Ray`s input and I like your "Can do" attitude.

Hi, you say you have an installer so can you sit down and talk about what and where you can do your bit? Trust Ray`s input and I like your "Can do" attitude.

cheers rpm my can do attitude is born from necessity i assure you if i had a lazy 15k id be just as happy going fishin. unfortunately the installer from my local area dosent speak any english so it does make things a little tricky. and your right advice is a valuable thing and deserves not to be disregarded.

hea there matchless ...goats for labor more in reference to a past time when communities bartering for goods and services was the norm and not capitalism and the mighty dept based society that we now live in and not that plumbing services are equal to a few goats...

im all about quality learned this being married to a german but there is wisdom in educating oneself in regards to available products and what ones needs.

mabye ive come to the wrong forum it seems all advice assumes unless the poster has a license ticket there a complete fool and shouldn't bother attempting to do anything themselves lest they flood the house and im sure such advice has prevented those who should not be attempting such things but i think on forums like this there should be at least the benefit of the doubt that the poster is competent enough to give it a go or confident enough to take the risk and suffer the consequences.

for eq on my last build i paid over $1000 to a licensed plumber to do a bit of work and was horrified at how messy his solders were and general work was so i decided to plumb the rest of the whole house myself and have to say my work was far cleaner and organized than his was and although it perhaps took me more time than he i was was far more pleased with the outcome and enjoyed the learning process. just because someone got a ticket dosent assure that the work will be satisfactory.

because i dont know any plumbers in the area im having to blindly trust someone i dont know and there for im going to educate myself as best as i can and do as much as im comfortable with as this to me will be what prevents " headaches" down the line.

i understand that for some it may seem like do it yaselfers are robbing work from tradies as someone brought up in a recent thread but im not planning on aquiring skills to start myown diy backyard buisness.

but all that said i do appreciate the advice and truly do enjoy reading threw the forums.

Don't get excited you are at the right forum you won't find any better one ... We just suggest you to. Get someone in which is very competent and knows what he is doing.

Surely you can sort your plumbing on your own if you feel competent enough why not. Everybody would and will give you an advise whenever you need one. We as engineers just know how complicated big installations could be ... Even if you are qualified it doesn't mean you will know all about plumbing you will learn everyday ... It is just not easy to plumb such a big system without having a basic knowledge about plumbing ... In my opinion it's a long way to really understand and be able to install a big system. You can do a lot of mistakes which could be wrong or fatal ... Especially if you are going to install cylinders ...

Don't take so serious just ask whenever you feel you need a help everybody will help you here

Don't get excited you are at the right forum you won't find any better one ... We just suggest you to. Get someone in which is very competent and knows what he is doing.

Surely you can sort your plumbing on your own if you feel competent enough why not. Everybody would and will give you an advise whenever you need one. We as engineers just know how complicated big installations could be ... Even if you are qualified it doesn't mean you will know all about plumbing you will learn everyday ... It is just not easy to plumb such a big system without having a basic knowledge about plumbing ... In my opinion it's a long way to really understand and be able to install a big system. You can do a lot of mistakes which could be wrong or fatal ... Especially if you are going to install cylinders ...

Don't take so serious just ask whenever you feel you need a help everybody will help you here

thanks matchless it is easy to get over zealous with a new project and overlook the serious complications it can bring.

im sure as i get into the build the questions will surely come, along with all the errors (cough) learning process and swear words that follow. but would i have it any other way.

i think tomorrow ill start a new thread posting the whole build as i progress that way i can track my progress and at the very least others like myself may save themselves unnecessary heartache.

thanks again matchless and for your input its much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vitodens 222-F feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock