Currently reading:
Pop Up Waste Suits Overflow & Non-overflow Basins

Discuss Pop Up Waste Suits Overflow & Non-overflow Basins in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins.
However it has no slotted waste opening. How could this be used with sinks with an overflow hole & still prevent sink overflow?

Thanks
Natalie
Argent Pop Up Waste Spec

Drill a hole in it when an overflow is required

Drill a hole in it when an overflow is required
I can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're serious and its easy enough to do it might get me out the s*** occasionally

OP: I think I've found what you've chosen and it does indeed do both. They are in 2 parts and clamp top and bottom with a gap in between for the overflow or no overflow depending on which basin . They are a good design, have fitted 100's of them in an estate

I can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're serious and its easy enough to do it might get me out the s*** occasionally

OP: I think I've found what you've chosen and it does indeed do both. They are in 2 parts and clamp top and bottom with a gap in between for the overflow or no overflow depending on which basin . They are a good design, have fitted 100's of them in an estate

Yep you could even do two 6mm and join them to make a slot etc got me out the doo when I only had an unslotted waste on the van tested the overflow and couldn’t see any difference

Thanks for your reply, I was ready to return it. This morning I found the install instructions on the Argent site, attached. There is a foam seal that goes above the basin & a silicon seal that fits under, picture attached.
I had googled yesterday & in Australia it seems this is rare all the comms referenced 2 distinct types for over flow & non-overflow basins.

Attachments

• Argent K316-D Variants Wastes Installation Instructions.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5750.jpeg
    IMG_5750.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Pop Up Waste Suits Overflow & Non-overflow Basins in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back