Currently reading:
Leaking UFH Manifold

Discuss Leaking UFH Manifold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we have a leak from the underfloor heating manifold. It appears to be leaking from one of the thermal actuators (please see photos). It’s leaking about a cupful every day. So far, I’ve talked to about 10 local plumbers:–

• Contacted original installer. The admin person kept telling me that the boss would come back to me with a call-out appointment. Still waiting 3 1/2 weeks later.
  • One plumber came out, said he’ll order some parts and get back to me – over the course of last 2 weeks, every time I called, he said he didn’t have the parts. Stopped taking my calls.
  • Another took details, and said he would get me a quote – 5 days now - nothing!
  • Arranged call-out with another plumber – he never turned up for the appointment yesterday.
  • Awaiting quote from another company.

Can someone please advise:
  • What may be the problem – is it the actuator, the manifold, or some sealing component (o-ring or washer). If it’s simple, I’m tempted to have a go myself.
  • Recommend a capable and reliable plumber in Cheshire who’s not going to send me around the houses.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_113646.jpg
    IMG_20210419_113646.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210422_182104.jpg
    IMG_20210422_182104.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Reply to Leaking UFH Manifold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock