Discuss INTERGAS HRE 28/24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DjClubber

Gas Engineer
Admit, not any experience with these but am really disappointed with them.

Called out to rectify Hot Water going Hot then Cold, was thinking Plate and usual Boiler. Then get there no Plate and conversation with Intergas Tech stating only way to get working is hook up a Power Flush to the Hot out and Cold in. Really not a big selling factor for me to be fair.

Anyone here got any experience with Intergas Combi? Want to double check before I commit to the work. Heating fine, circulation on Heating fine. Hot Water Hot for seconds then cold. To top it off too, its in the Loft.

Cant see this taking off too much every 3yrs or so having to hook up me KAMCO CF90 and the Bedroom underneath has brand new carpets.

What ACID required for this procedure, Quantity? Oviously FX2 out oof the Question and its on the Pottable Water side too. ADVICE gratefully received. . .

Need ds3 then and a softener fitting as it’s just copper pipe running back and too

Yes depends how much water your pf holds there’s a ratio

Yes else they will have the same problem

Normally fill the flusher

Then pump into wait until it starts coming out give it a couple of mins then stop and turn the valves off eg leaving the stuff in there

Wait 20-30 mins then open and run flusher for 5-10 mins switching flow every so often then give it another 20 mins with the valves shut etc

Then drain all the stuff out flush it with fresh clean water for around 10 mins eg hose pipe and one to drain

Then your done

I'm interfering here - apologies. And I'm a know-nothing DIYer.

But am toying with options to replace my Heat Only boiler (there's another thread currently open) - and Intergas was one of the possibilities (Ideal is currently the other).

I thought I kept reading that Intergas was the saviour of mankind and you fit and forget. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Or is it simply a case of water hardness on the hot water side that would affect any other make?

Hi From my experience so far, on any other make you have a secondary heat exchanger which can be cleaned or replaced at a reasonable cost. With the Intergas, only way to remedy is hook up a Power Flush Machine. No secondary Heat Exchanger. I am a Novice with Intergas and can only assist a little. But from my point of view, would prefer the secondary for an installers Maintenance of the Hot Water.

While Im here Ill update, Flushed Through and now problem resolved. Looking to put in a Water Softener as it currently has a Scale Reducer Inline. So dare say Ill be meeting the owner again in the very near future.

Don't know if there are any more experienced Intergas Engineers that can contribute. . .

Hi From my experience so far, on any other make you have a secondary heat exchanger which can be cleaned or replaced at a reasonable cost. With the Intergas, only way to remedy is hook up a Power Flush Machine. No secondary Heat Exchanger. I am a Novice with Intergas and can only assist a little. But from my point of view, would prefer the secondary for an installers Maintenance of the Hot Water.

While Im here Ill update, Flushed Through and now problem resolved. Looking to put in a Water Softener as it currently has a Scale Reducer Inline. So dare say Ill be meeting the owner again in the very near future.

Don't know if there are any more experienced Intergas Engineers that can contribute. . .

With further apologies for butting in - as per my other thread, I'm torn between installing an Intergas HRE OV Heat Only boiler and an Ideal Heat Only Logic MAX boiler to replace an old cast iron Ideal Classic. The Ideal option is the easy one insofar it's well known and has an attractive 10 yr warranty and my mate (a local Gase Safe installer) is familiar with them.

But, regrettably, locally, Intergas is a bit of an unknown quantity. I love the idea that the Intergas HEX is less prone to blockage as I have a 23 yr old open vent 10mm microbore system which would tend to lend itself to the Intergas HEX more than the Ideal one (which is seemingly experiencing issues with the sump cracking and may well be more likely to fail/block up than the Intergas one. For information, the water here is very soft - no limescale at all, ever.

Further apologies for taking time on this topic.

Reply to INTERGAS HRE 28/24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock