Discuss How to locate the cause of sewage smell? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor, then under the living room and out to the front. It will be at least 1.5m below the floor of the living room as the pavement at the front is 2m below internal FFL. We have exposed floor boards in the living room but not sure how easy they will be to take up, plus I don't know which part of the floor void to investigate first. I could take the manhole cover off if that would be useful but its under some big paving slabs (on pedestals) so not the easiest thing. Could one of you lovely people give me some pointers. I don't want to pay for a CCTV survey straight away if there is something I can do myself first. Many thanks!!!!

Afternoon!

How have you got on with your smell issue? Did you locate the cause of it?

Reply to How to locate the cause of sewage smell? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, First post here so please be patient. We recently had our ensuite remodelled and were initially really happy with the result. However...
Replies
Views
We’ve got a bathroom in a 3 year old loft conversion. Pretty much the first time warmer weather rolled around a few months after it was done, I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock