Currently reading:
Global Warming & Natural Disasters

Discuss Global Warming & Natural Disasters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Something slightly different, that I hope makes sense. I find this particular subject interesting at the minute.

With the recent disaster happening in the Philippines, there was an interesting debate on the Jeremy Vine show yesterday. It was all about global warming & how it supposedly contributed to the occurrence of typhoon Haiyan.

I found it interesting because only a short while a go, scientist were saying that global warming is in fact largely untrue.

Now they're saying that global warming is the cause of these natural disasters.:confused5:

Is this just an easy source for scientists to lay blame to or is it just simply mother nature in it's wild glory?!

Do you believe that there is such a thing as global warming or is it just the normal cycle of the earth?

Scientists were not saying it was untrue; quite the opposite in fact. Newspapers and the like were, as always, miss reporting things.

Ah I see, my misunderstanding. I thought the scientist were saying it was untrue. Just shows how much attention I pay, or how easily I can be influenced by media at times.

Is the damage done reversible though or is it just simply too late to have any effect.?

I love being a sceptic to man made global warming. The main logic is, how long have we been monitoring the climate? Not even 150 years. Yet we can somehow attribute our pollution to temp increase. Yet the earth has gone through radical climate changes way before we began burning fossil fuels.

Just sounds like an excuse to start some committees and give some pen pushers a job.

Not completely decided but that's my logic

The cycles between ice age and global warming have been occurring for millions of years. We are now contributing to CO2 levels and thus accelerating the process. It will happen anyway, but we have just brought it forward a bit.

"they" will never tell you what is going on
"they" will want you to live in fear
"they" will continue to brain wash you
"they" will have to keep to there plan (there is to many human on planet earth)
"they" will make live difficult for the rest of the world , so they can live happily

"they" will make live difficult for the rest of the world , so they can live happily

My god stan what have you been reading:p

Does seem that way. Although I'm afraid they might believe it themselves

I'd tend to agree with you on that Stan! It does feel like sometimes we're told a pack of BS just to suit the governments beliefs!

I understand the we are likely to have caused damage to the planet but is really having as big an effect as we're led to believe?!?

Very true! Politics is one big puppet show with corporations the winner every time! Viva la revolution.

Very true! Politics is one big puppet show with corporations the winner every time! Viva la revolution.
You can get off the ride they call a community or living as some like to call it ?
I always wonder how much really does mr average have to earn in a lifetime to be really making a contribution ?
You hear all the oldies saying I have paid in all my life but did they really pay enough for everything they take ?
I suspect the majority take far more than they could ever earn or pay in taxes in a lifetime ?
Health care schooling roads lights armed forces etc ?
I would love to see the lifetime break even figure published ?

You can get off the ride they call a community or living as some like to call it ?
I always wonder how much really does mr average have to earn in a lifetime to be really making a contribution ?
You hear all the oldies saying I have paid in all my life but did they really pay enough for everything they take ?
I suspect the majority take far more than they could ever earn or pay in taxes in a lifetime ?
Health care schooling roads lights armed forces etc ?
I would love to see the lifetime break even figure published ?

Clearly more gets spent than is contributed, otherwise we wouldn't have a national debt.

My problem is not paying tax, its what they spend it on.

The cycles between ice age and global warming have been occurring for millions of years. We are now contributing to CO2 levels and thus accelerating the process. It will happen anyway, but we have just brought it forward a bit.

Exactly my thoughts. the earth warming and cooling is a natural cycle that can be seen throughout earths history. humans as a species are just speeding up the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Global Warming & Natural Disasters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock