Currently reading:
Convert from electric towel radiator

Discuss Convert from electric towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ma701ss

Hi, I've picked up a secondhand electric towel radiator, can these generally be converted to be used with a central heating system? It was probably made as an electric one but I can see how it might be possible to unscrew the heating element and also the cap on the other side to connect pipework.

There isn't really a problem with converting it however it does beg the question why is it second hand has it pinholed? is it rusted somewhere? you might be making a rod for your own back by installing a secondhand one. Particularly when you can pick up a new one for not a great deal of money

Haha my sister was refurbishing and didn't want it. What would I need, and have you done this before?

Unless it is a sealed electric radiator which some are you will need a blanking plug, a plug with a bleed vent in, then radiator valves to suit your pipe configuration.

The caps screw off, it has what I assume is water or oil sloshing about inside

You can get all four corners open yeAh

If it's oil inside you can't really put it onto a wet system without disposing of the oil (and any fluids used to clean it, rags used to wipe up afterwards etc) in accordance with Hazardous Waste regulations.

Towel rails start @ £23 in Screwfix :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Convert from electric towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock