Currently reading:
Bosch washing machine cold fill

Discuss Bosch washing machine cold fill in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

My new Bosch cold fills in 5 goes each time at the start, some short and some long. Is his normal? Any ideas on a sort of 'normal' time to fill?

Not really plumbing but it's pretty quiet here at the moment so I'll bite:

Based on my own machine, the number of top-up fills seems to depend on type/weight of clothes to be washed. The machine will initially fill to the set level, which is surprising low – only a couple of cm above the lowest point in the drum except on the 'delicate' cycles. It then churns the clothes a couple of times, which soaks up some of the water, and then does a short top-up fill to restore the level. It repeats this process until the clothes are saturated so no more water is needed.

Bosch WMs have quite a lot of diagnostics built in. If there is a problem with the water supply/pressure it will display an error code.

You can always call Bosch Customer Care:

if you suspect your machine isn't working correctly.

Not really plumbing but it's pretty quiet here at the moment so I'll bite:

Based on my own machine, the number of top-up fills seems to depend on type/weight of clothes to be washed. The machine will initially fill to the set level, which is surprising low – only a couple of cm above the lowest point in the drum except on the 'delicate' cycles. It then churns the clothes a couple of times, which soaks up some of the water, and then does a short top-up fill to restore the level. It repeats this process until the clothes are saturated so no more water is needed.

Bosch WMs have quite a lot of diagnostics built in. If there is a problem with the water supply/pressure it will display an error code.

You can always call Bosch Customer Care:

if you suspect your machine isn't working correctly.
Thanks for explaining the process, Chuck.

Even with no clothes in the machine there will be two "fills", one (in a Zanussi) fills for ~ 10 secs directly into the drum to wet the clothes, the second, for ~ 2 minutes fills through the wash powder/liquid container, it will then, depending on the wash load, do a few more 5 or 10 sec top ups to get the normal level.

I appreciate that but if there was is an issue with the pressure sensor and or the connected pipework it might behave in an identifiably odd way. It's a new machine though so unlikely, best call technical.

Reply to Bosch washing machine cold fill in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock